Wednesday, November 20, 2013

I'll Never See Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark on Broadway

Okay, I'm not saying I'll never see the musical on Broadway because I don't want to, because I would see pretty much anything on Broadway if I could. I'm saying I'll never see it because, after three years, the most expensive Broadway musical ever is closing.

Even though Spider-Man has grossed around $203 million dollars, the $75 million dollar musical is closing at a loss of $60 million. Ouch, that hurts!

However, this is not the end of Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark. Producers are moving the show to Las Vegas, where this aerial-heavy type of show does very well. They're hoping to see any kind of return on their investment in Sin City.

Side note: Another big musical may be taking Spidey's place in the Foxwood Theater. Producers of the Australian musical, King Kong, may be moving their 20-foot tall title character into the theatre. Let's hope the producers don't lose $60 million dollars on this $30 million dollar musical.

No comments:

Post a Comment