Thursday, March 26, 2015

Doctor Who: Happy Birthday New Who!

Ten years ago today, the BBC relaunched the popular sci-fi television series, Doctor Who. And who would have ever guessed that it would become so big world-wide (especially in the good ol' U.S. of A.)?

Of course there isn't going to be a big celebration like the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who, but let us pause for a moment on this most special day (which, by the way, just also happens to be my niece's birthday, who is a big Who fan. Although, she is a little older than 10), and think about the many wonderful ways Doctor Who has influenced our lives. And if you haven't yet watched it, what are you waiting for?

The biggest surprise of all, is the birthday wish from my favorite Doctor, namely the Ninth (Christopher Eccleston). He has not forgotten. :)

I could go on forever about how much I love Doctor Who, even when some episodes didn't satisfy my high expectations. But for now I will just say, "Here's to many more years of The Doctor and his adventures!"





No comments:

Post a Comment