Sunday, September 2, 2012

Grimm: Bad Moon Rising

First of all, I have to say that "Bad Moon Rising" is such a great song by Creedence Clearwater Revival. And secondly, I have to say that it looks like Grimm is still episodic. I'm so happy!

Observations:

This episode really has nothing to do with the source fairy tale, "The Old Woman in the Wood," other than the quote at the beginning.

The story follows a common theme in fairy tales - a girl who has lost her mother and only has her father.

Nick brings pictures to Juliette to try to help her remember him, and we find out that she remembers everything and everyone from her life, except Nick. So, Rosalee's potion that they put in her eyes didn't work. Was Adalind's spell for Juliette to specifically forget Nick, not her whole life? If so, she really got Nick back for what he did to her. It's so sad when Juliette sees Nick in the doorway and she says, "I know you." He gets his hopes up, and then they're completely dashed when she says, "You're the policeman who brought me here." Poor Nick! (That's going to be a common theme for a while, and I hope they don't drag it out for too long.)

So, if Nick knows that only a prince from the "royal" family can wake Juliette, wouldn't he ask the staff if a stranger came to Juliette's room at any time? Come on detective - do some detecting.

At first I thought the Wesen was the same "species" as Rosalee. But no. They're Coyotl, and she's a Fuchsbau. They look very similar.

Nick brings Monroe to see Juliette, and she does recognize him. How very awkward for Monroe. It's funny that she acts like she's known Monroe for a while. She asks Monroe how he knows Nick. Before she asked Nick how he knew Monroe. The tables are turned. I love that Monroe thought he should have brought Juliette flowers.

Nick (the character) sure is a good actor. He talks to Renard about the investigation into Catherine's murder like he really doesn't know anything about what happened or who she really was. And why would it be strange that Catherine had a lot of mirrors in her house?

Nick is ready to tell Hank about the whole Wesen thing when Hank's friend, Jarold comes in to tell him about his daughter's disappearance.

So, Hank has a friend whose a Wesen. How is this going to turn out?

If Carly never makes her bed, then why would a made bed prove that she never slept in it. It only proves that either she made it that morning, or he makes her bed for her.

Why doesn't Jarold know that Nick is a Grimm? What are the rules here? When does a Wesen's "wesenness" appear to Nick? When does a Wesen know that a Grimm is a Grimm? I want some answers here. *wink*

I think Jarold didn't recognize that Nick is a Grimm for plot reasons. The writers didn't want the audience to know Jarold was a Coyotl too because they wanted us to wonder if Jarold knew what his wife was, and what is daughter is too. Or I guess you could argue that he's just too upset about his daughter to pay attention.

You don't begin your 17th year on your 17th birthday. Your 17th year starts on your 16th birthday. Because you're in your 1st year until you hit 1, and then you start your 2nd year. It's kind of like the millenium didn't start until 2001 (okay, that's a different matter, but it still bugs me that people thought the new millenium started in 2000. I know, I should just get over it.)

It's funny that Monroe isn't going to help because it's the full moon, and it's not a good time for him to be out.

Jerold doesn't freak out when Nick says he's a Grimm like most Wesen do. Interesting.

Why does Carly change when she's afraid of Hank, but she doesn't fight these guys with her full "Wesenness"? She should at least give them a good kick where it counts.

Again, these guys don't know Nick is a Grimm, but Carly knows right away. Come on writers, you can't break your rules just to make the story good.

I was hoping that Nick would tell him about Wesen, but maybe it's a good thing that Hank found out about it from a friend who is one, so he knows that they're not all bad monsters.

Now that Hank knows he's not crazy, he's ready to fight.

Nice that Hank finally knows that he's not crazy. Now he can stop going to a therapist and stop sitting in his house paranoid with a rifle cocked and ready to shoot.

Now that Juliette has come home, hopefully it won't take long for her to remember. Or maybe they'll just let them begin anew and Juliette will fall in love with Nick all over again. Or, maybe they'll have her leave him and he'll get a new girlfriend after mourning for a while. Who knows? I just hope there's some kind of resolution one way or the other soon. I hate stories like that that go on forever - it makes it more like a soap opera to me.

Quotes:

Carly: I thought he was going to kill me.
Hank: Why?
Carly: He's a Grimm. That's what they do.
Hank: A what?
Carly: A Grimm. It's sort of a family problem.

Jarold: It's not easy being this - different. I would have told you the truth if I could.

Sgnt Wu: So, let me get this straight. In the last six hours you've arrested six felons, Saved a damsel in distress, reunited a family, while I've filled out three dozen overtime reports and scrubbed out the coffee maker. Yea, we've all put in a rich full day.

Nick: Hank, I know today's been --
Hank: Don't even try it.
Nick: What?
Hank: Today's been one of the better days of my life.
Nick: Really?
Hank: Yea.
Nick: How?
Hank: Because I might be crazy but now I know I'm not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment