Friday, December 27, 2013

Doctor Who: The Time of the Doctor - Mini Review

We said goodbye to Matt Smith's 11th (?) Doctor on Christmas Day. (The parenthetical question mark is due to the fact that Stephen Moffat has messed up the numbering of the Doctors regenerations.) My main question after seeing the episode is "why can't we get a new showrunner with the new Doctor?"

I wanted to like this episode - so much. I want to like Doctor Who still - so much. But Stephen Moffat is slowly ruining the show for me - so much.

*sigh*

Stephen wrote some of my favorite Doctor Who episodes during Russell T. Davies time as the head writer. ("Blink," "The Girl in the Fireplace," "Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead"). He writes Sherlock, which I love. So I don't understand how he's missed the mark so many times during Matt's time as the Doctor.

Regardless of my many frustrations with Matt's farewell episode, I am sad to see Matt go. I have really enjoyed him as the Doctor. However, I am looking forward to Peter Capaldi's Doctor, and I hope that we get some classic traveling to new places, seeing the Doctor's joy at introducing his companion to new worlds and new adventures. That is Doctor Who to me - adventures in time and space!

No comments:

Post a Comment