Thursday, July 10, 2014

On the Town: On the Streets of New York, New York

The video below is the opening number from the Broadway revival of the musical, On the Town. The musical is returning to Broadway in September, and they filmed the opening number, "New York, New York," to promote the show. I love that they actually filmed the number throughout New York City. You'll have to watch the 1949 film to see how closely they recreated the opening number from that movie.



I have pictures from my recent trip to New York of the many of the places where they filmed this number.

Central Park

Bethesda Fountain - Central Park

Little Italy

One World Trade Center - from a yacht

Steps of the Metropolitan Museum of Art

Radio City Music Hall

Musician in Central Park

Atlas - Rockefeller Center

Empire State Building

On the Town will be playing at the Foxwoods Theatre. When I was in New York in June, the marquee for Spider-Man Turn Off the Dark was still up, even though the show closed in January.

Times Square

I will most certainly be posting more photos from my New York trip soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment