Wednesday, May 17, 2017

If You Have a Blog and You Never Post, Do You Really Have a Blog?

I have neglected my blog. And I feel terrible about it. When I started my blog five and a half years ago, I posted quite regularly for two years, but then I posted less regularly, and last year I only posted five times. Why have a blog if you never use it? Especially when you have things you want to blog about. I have things I want to blog about.

So, where is all of this coming from? Why now, after not blogging for a year? My reaction to Netflix's Anne with an "E" was so strong, and I really wanted to talk about it. None of my friends have watched it yet, so I couldn't really discuss it with them. Wait, I thought to myself, I have a blog! I can post my feelings of how I felt it failed to live up to the tone and message of the book, and maybe start a conversation with someone who has seen it. (I haven't had anyone comment on it yet, but I'm patient. *wink*) So, after a long drought, there is new content on my blog. I enjoy sharing my thoughts and opinions about things that interest me, and I feel it's a small snapshot of a part of my life that I will always have.

I decided that this time I will have a specific subject to post about each day of the week.
  • Movie Monday: Talk about movies, old and new. Reviews, thoughts, quotes, recommendations.
  • TV Tuesday: Talk about television, current and cancelled. Reviews, thoughts, quotes, recommendations.
  • Whatever Wednesday: I thought of calling it "Random Wednesday," but "whatever" starts with a "W." The name pretty much says it all. If it's Wednesday, it could be anything.
  • Thumbnail Thursday: Photography (I know the "thumbnail" is stretching it, but if anyone knows a better word that refers to photos that starts with "th," please add a comment)
  • Fun Facts Friday: Trivia, history, interesting things I've learned.
  • Saturday & Sunday: Open "to blog or not to blog."

I'm excited to try this new schedule of posting, and we'll see how well (and how long) it goes. One of the great things about having your own blog is you decide what the content will be, how long or short the posts will be, and how often you will post.

I just want to thank those of you who read my blog, those of you who have been here since the beginning and have come back even after the year-long absence, and to those who are new to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading what I have to say,

So, let the blogging recommence.

No comments:

Post a Comment