Thursday, February 28, 2013

Arrow: The Dodger

Arrow just continues with great episodes. I'm glad that Felicity was a major player in this episode. I'm also happy that a new character has been introduced that may help make Thea a little more likable.

Observations:

Felicity said she didn't want to join Oliver's quest, but it looks like she's in even though she said it was only to help find Walter.

What's with Felicity's lipstick color? Is it just the lighting in the IT department, or is it really that purple? It's not very flattering.

Why would Oliver and Dig make their plans in such a public place? It isn't like people can't hear them, just because they're in a booth. *wink*

Felicity is quick to get sucked into the "not very legal" methods of vigilanteism.

I'm so glad that Dig got up the courage (or allowed himself to be forced) to ask Carly out.

Very cute purse snatcher.

That purse snatcher's chain was caught pretty far over from where he actually went over the fence.

It's a good thing that McKenna left her cell phone right there on her desk so Oliver could easily "slip said tech" onto it.

I like how Oliver stammers when he asks McKenna out for dinner. It's cute and quite endearing.

Oliver always tells people that he was on a "deserted island." We know that the island wasn't deserted. Well, at least when he got there it wasn't. So, why does he say it was deserted? Will we find out why Oliver specifically wants people to think he was the only one on the island?

It's really rude of McKenna to grill Oliver about what happened on the island, when it's clear he doesn't want to talk about it. If someone had a traumatic experience (for five years!), it's not a very nice thing to try to force them into telling you all about it. And then she thinks Oliver was rude to her. Annoying!

The Dodger runs funny.

It's nice to see Felicity dressed up, but a dress that short shouldn't have a slit in it. It's funny that she suddenly doesn't need glasses. Or does she always wear contacts when she goes to charity auctions?

It's a good thing Oliver puts the motorcycle helmet on, since it does double duty to hide his identity from the Dodger, and protect his head in case of a crash. *wink*

McKenna is kind of a jerk for telling Oliver he was a jerk for not telling her what happened to him on the island.

Quotes:

Slade: You're not going to last an hour out there.
Oliver: I guess you'd better hope I get back in 45 minutes, then.

Oliver: You know, not all the people I target are on The List. Every once in a while I make an exception. Hostage-taking jewel thieves, for example.

Felicity: Is this really how you guys figure out how to get your target? Over burgers and shakes?

Felicity: Why don't I work up a little tech You distract her with a little flirty-flirt, slip said tech onto her phone. It'll turn into a micro-transmitter, and boop! we'll learn everything she knows.
Oliver: Hmm. It's not typically how I get my information.
Felicity: How do you typically do it?
Oliver: I find the person and then I put the fear of God into them until they talk. But we can try your way.

Oliver: I don't know if you heard that I was on a deserted island for five years, and I'm totally out of practice in this whole...

Oliver: I'm lingering. I gotta go.

Thea: What's up with the fancy fancy?
Oliver: What? Oh, I have a date. Contrary to popular opinion, I do have a life.
Thea: Then why do you seem nervous?
Oliver: Is it obvious?
Thea: Just be your charming and brooding self.

Thea: Hey, Laurel. Does your Dad still, like, arrest people?

McKenna: I haven't had a conversation with a guy in a while without it resulting in me reading him his rights.

McKenna: Saved by the cell.

Dig: She says we have no lives.

Dig: You really have no idea how rich his family is, do you?

Felicity: First time anyone's been grateful for traffic cameras.

Thea: You must not know the value of a vintage purse.

Slade: Tastes like an ashtray. Does the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment