Saturday, February 16, 2013

King of the Nerds: Episode 4, Nerdy Quotes

You know you're a nerd when you get excited seeing the hosts of King of the Nerds, Curtis Armstrong and Robert Carradine, in Batman and Robin costumes. I guess I'm not a nerd. *wink*

The Nerd War in this episode is a live debate on the topic of superheroes. It's so funny to see how excited the contestants got, and how seriously they took the debate topics. Or maybe they took the debate topics so seriously because there's $100,000 at stake. I might take superheroes seriously too if there were a chance of winning that much money.

For the first time in the series, there was a bit of drama in Nerdvana. Danielle was angry at Joshua for lying to her about who he was going to vote into the nerd-off in the last episode. Eveyone knew that if Danielle came back from the nerd-off that here would be a lot of drama between her and Joshua. We all know that drama makes good television, and nerds can create just as much drama as "everyday Joes." Quotes:

Alana: We definitely knocked out the soul of the other team. I'm that much closer to getting the crown.

Joshua: How is the transition from working the controls on the artsy (sp?) cars to the bigger one?
Danielle: It's irrelevant.
Joshua: Yep.

Virgil: Joshua has hurt morale on the orange team. There's a social wound there, and it's going to get infected.

Ivan: Who didn't go through an Indiana Jones phase where everyone wanted a bull whip?

Ivan: I wish I'd done the fire bull whip.

Alana: We haven't done a swimming challenge yet. If there's a swimming thing, I recommend me.
Celeste (talking head): What the heck? Awkward.
Alana: I'm really good at swimming.

Ivan: They come out dressed in superhero costumes. That's so cool.

Alana: I'm really excited because maybe they got Joss Whedon, or Paul Dini, or Grant Morrison, or, um, any other of the guys that do stuff.

Joshua: What's that? You want us to debate? Oh oh. Hey, let me go and look at my resume real fast. Oh yea. "Hosted a live geek debate show." Bring it!

Genevieve: Celeste knows nothing about comics and she gets stage fright. Stage fright plus not a lot of knowledge. Disaster?

Genevieve (re: argument that mutants should be injected with a serum to eradicate their superpowers): That's actually the topic of the current Joss Whedon Amazing X-men series.
Alana (excited): Joss Whedon might be one of the people!

Joshua: I am in my element. These topics are, like, nothing for me.

Ivan: We need to win this nerd war. I'm tired of having to pick up the pieces and put it together.

Virgil (trying to help Celeste put together a speech for her debate topic): I presume... okay, okay. I presume there should be some... okay. There should clear... okay, okay. All right. Number one...

Genevieve: Hark, is that drama I hear?

Ivan: Life. Why is life so hard? This is not Nerdvana. This is Nerd Hell.

Moogega: Wow! We look like nerdy geeks.

Genevieve: I love superheroes! I'm so excited to debate about them. I'm ready to rock and roll.

Joshua: Genevieve does know a lot about comic books, but come on, you're going up against me?

Virgil: I do think Genevieve won. Joshua's debate was noise coming out of your mouth. That is contentless speech.

Joshua: Hey! Geek girls are just as good as geek guys.
Genevieve: Or better, because I knew it.
[Joshua got the name of the writer of The Dark Knight Returns comic book wrong, and Genevieve corrected him in front of the judges.

Genevieve: Here is something that's not up for debate. Kevin Smith, you hurt my feelings.

Celeste: I was like a deer in the head lights. I was like -- lights. Right, I was in a debate. What was the question?

Genevieve: As the debate progresses, the guillotine is swinging closer and closer and closer.
(Side note: Genevieve may know comic books, but she doesn't know guillotines. Genevieve, a guillotine blade does not swing.)

Joshua: I really am genuinely proud of [Danielle]. Even if she despises me one hundred percent.

Danielle: I felt bad for how well I did. I'm sure I got pretty close to a perfect score.

Joshua: Team Blextrophy, enjoy your time "debating" who you're going to send to the nerd-off.

Joshua: Earlier today I was talking about superheroes. And now I'm flying.

Danielle: I was obviously the best flyer.

Joshua: We're becoming a team again. We went flying.

Virgil: Will I be targeted to go to the nerd-off? Definitely. And I'm ready. Oo, I mean, I intend to be ready.

Virgil: It is accepted wisdom that orange will nominate me to go into the nerd-off. And the assumption is that Alana would probably beat me in superheroes.

Ivan: It's heard and listened in all regards.

Alana: I continue to be the Orb of this team as I send people home magically with my powers of intellect.

Moogega: Disclaimer: Alana's previous statement was not cleared by the SFO team. Please disregard this, or consider this as her own opinion.

Genevieve: Going to the throne room ceremony is nerve-racking to say the least. Unless your team is safe from banishment, in which case you just kind of gloat.

Joshua: How well do you know the Avengers.
Alana: I don't remember.

Alana: My husband and I have an entire storage unit filled with comic books. So, I'm not planning on researching because I already know quite a lot about superheroes.

Virgil: If I were Alana, I would study the full two hours, but Alana's never been psychologically healthy. So you can't expect all of her behaviors to make sense. I mean this very respectfully.

Genevieve: Kids, if you want to be a super, awesome superhero, don't forget to study. And you too can knock down any barrier in your path. Just like me.

Joshua: Alana, when there's $100.00 on the line, you find some time to study.

Alana: My motto in life is that it's fine to be the superhero you are. That it's okay to wear your nerd and geekness on your sleeve. And I'm gonna keep going, 'cause that's how I roll. A natural 20 every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment