Thursday, February 21, 2013

New Series and TV Casting News

 The BBC has a few new series  in the works that I'm excited to see. Atlantis is based on Greek gods and the mythologies surrounding them. I love mythology, and I hope this is a good show. Jamaica Inn is based on the novel by Daphne Du Maurier. I've read the book, and I really liked it. I wonder what part of the book they'll concentrate on to make it an entire series not just a movie or mini-series. The third series is Death Comes to Pemberley, based on the novel by P.D. James, which is based on the novel, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, which is based on... well, Austen's imagination. *wink* I have not read James's book, but now I'm curious to check it out.

Adelaide Kane has been cast as the young Mary Stuart in the CW's fall season series, ReignI have never heard of her, nor have I seen her in anything, so I don't know what her acting range is. I read that she was on the Power Rangers. I am happy to say that I never watched the Power Rangers. I'll be curious to find out what kind of accent she will have because she's Australian, playing a Scottish princess who was raised in France. Hmm. She definitely has the look for a CW series leading lady. I still have high hopes for this series.


Oliver Jackson-Cohen has been cast as Jonathan Harker in the new series, Dracula. Oliver played Phillip White, Laura's boyfriend in the first season of Lark Rise to Candleford.

And Victoria Smurfit has been cast as Lady Jayne in Dracula. Victoria was in one of my favorite British mini-series, Berkeley Square. She also played Rowena in the BBC's version of Ivanhoe. She was also in the film, About a Boy, which a new series is being based on. Small world, isn't?

I mentioned a new CBS pilot, Super Clyde, in my 2013 Fall Season Preview, Part 2 post. For those of you who are fans of the Harry Potter films, Rupert Grint, who played Ron Weasley, will play Clyde. I hope the series is good, and that it's successful, especially for Rupert. I like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment