Saturday, December 29, 2012

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, season 2, ep. 10

In the second half of "What's My Line," we find out that there is another slayer in town. Her name is Kendra, and she is ser.i.ous. There can only be one slayer at a time, and when The Slayer dies, another takes her place. Buffy died at the end of the first season, but Xander revived her. However, it doesn't matter that she was only dead for a few minutes. The Slayer dies, a new Slayer is called. And she has come to Sunnydale to get the job done.

Quotes:

Giles: And you are called...?
Kendra: I am the vampire slayer.
Buffy: We got that part, honey. He means your name.
Kendra. Oh. (to Giles) They call me Kendra. I have no last name, sir.
Buffy: Can you say stuck in the eighties?

Giles: You were dead, Buffy.
Buffy: I was only gone for a minute.
Giles: It doesn't matter how long you were gone. You were physically dead, thus causing the activation of the next slayer.
Kendra: She died?
Buffy: Just a little.

Giles: I'm quite flummoxed.
Buffy: What's the flum? It's a mistake.

Willy (re: Angel): What are you going to do to him, anyway?
Spike: I'm thinking maybe dinner and a movie. Don't want to rush into anything. I've been hurt, you know.

Buffy: I don't take orders. I do things my way.
Kendra: No wonder you died.

Kendra: I study because it is required. The Slayer Handbook insists on it.
Willow: There's a slayer handbook?
Buffy: Handbook? What handbook? How come I don't have a handbook?
Willow: Is there a t-shirt too? 'Cause that would be cool.
Giles: After meeting you, Buffy, I realized that the handbook would be of no use in your case.
Buffy: Well, what do you mean, "it would be of no use" in my case? What wrong with my case?

Buffy (re: Kendra): Get a load of the she-Giles.

Buffy: Maybe after this thing with Spike and the assassins is over I could say, "Kendra, you slay. I'm going to Disneyland."
Willow: But not forever, right?
Buffy: No. Disneyland would get boring after a few months.

Cordelia: I bet you'd let a girl go off to her doom all by herself.
Xander: Not just any girl. You're special.

Willow: Your hair is brown.
Oz: Oh, yea. Sometimes.

Oz: I'm not really a computer person. Or a work-of-any-kind person.
Willow: Then why did they select you?
Oz: Well, I sorta test well, you know. Which is cool, except then it leads to jobs.
Willow: Well, don't you have any ambition?
Oz: Oh yea. E flat diminished ninth.
Willow: Huh?
Oz: Well, the E flat - it's doable, but that diminished ninth, you know, it's a man's chord. You could lose a finger.

Buffy: You and bug people, Xander. What's up with that?
Xander: No. This dude was completely different to Praying Mantis lady. He was a man of bugs, not a man who was a bug.

Xander: Angel's our friend! (pause) Except I don't like him.

Buffy: You can attack me. You can send assassins after me, that's fine. But nobody messes with my boyfriend.

Kendra: Did anyone explain to you what "secret identity" means?
Buffy: Nope. Must be in the the handbook, right after the chapter on personality removal.

Kendra: I'm an expert in all weapons.
(accidentally shoots a lamp with the crossbow)
Giles: Is everything all right?
Buffy: Yea, it's okay. Kendra killed the bad lamp.

Buffy: When this is over, I'm thinking pineapple pizza and teen video fest. Possibly something from the Ringwald oeuvre.

Drusilla (to Angel): Say "uncle." That's right, you killed my uncle.

Buffy: It's your lucky day, Spike.
Kendra: Two slayers.
Buffy: No waiting.

Kendra: That's me favorite shirt! That's me only shirt!

Oz: Oh, look. Monkey. And he has a little hat. And little pants.
Willow: Yea, I see.
Oz: The monkey's the only cookie animal that wears clothes. You know that? (Willow smiles) You have the sweetest smile I've ever seen. So, I'm wondering - do the other cookie animals feel sorta ripped? Like, is the hippo going, "Hey, man. Where are my pants? I have my hippo dignity." And the monkey's just, "I mock you with my monkey pants." And then there's a big coup in the zoo.

Kendra: Thank you for the shirt. It was very generous of you.
Buffy: Hey, it looks better on... well, me. But no worries.

Buffy: Relax. You earned it. Sit in your seat. You eat your peanuts and you watch the movie. Well, unless it's about a dog, or Chevy Chase.

No comments:

Post a Comment