Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, season 2, ep. 13 Quippy Quotes

In "Surprise," it's Buffy's 17th birthday, and she's going to get much more than just a cake. Drusilla and Spike are back and trying to kill her, yet again. And this is the episode that changes everything between Buffy and Angel, and literally changes Angel.

Quotes:

Willow: Carpe diem. You told me that once.
Buffy: "Fish of the day"?
Willow: Not "carp." "Carpe." It means "seize the day."

Willow (re: Oz): Well, I don't know though. He is a senior.
Buffy: You think he's too old because he's a senior? Please! My boyfriend had a bicentennial.

Willow: Do you guys have a gig tonight?
Oz: Oh, no. Practice. See, our band's kinda moving towards this new sound where we suck. So... practice.

Oz: I'm gonna ask you to go out with me tomorrow night. And I'm kinda nervous about it, actually. It's interesting.
Willow: Oh, well, if it helps at all, I'm gonna say yes.
Oz: Yea, it helps. It creates a comfort zone. Do you wanna go out with me tomorrow night?
Willow: Oh! I can't!
Oz: But see, I like that you're unpredictable.

Xander: So, Buffy's party. Manana.
Cordelia: Well, just because she's "Miss Save-the-World," and everything, we have to make a big deal? I have to cook, and everything!
Xander: You're cooking?
Cordelia: I'm chips and dips girl.
Xander: Ah. Horrors! All that opening and stirring.
Cordelia: And shopping and carrying.
Xander: Well, then, you should have a person who does such things for you.
Cordelia: Well, that's what I've been saying to my father, but does he listen?

Giles: Is everything in order for the party?
Xander: Absolutely. You ready to get down and funky?
Giles: Here comes Buffy. Now remember, discretion is the better part of valor.
Xander: You could have just said, "Shh." Are all you Brits such drama queens?

Giles: Best to be on the alert. If Drusilla is alive, then it could be a fairly cataclysmic state of affairs.
Xander: Again, so many words. Couldn't you just say, "We'd be in trouble"?
Giles: Go to class, Xander.
Xander: Gone. Notice the economy of phrasing. "Gone." It's simple. Direct.

Giles: We're having a party tonight.
Xander: Looks like Mr. Caution Man, but the sound he makes is funny.
Giles: Buffy's surprise party will go on as we planned. Except I won't be wearing a little hat.

Buffy: This looks funky. Stop for a sec.
Jenny: No, Buffy. Maybe you shouldn't.
Buffy: Sorry. "Sacred duty." Yada- yada-yada.

Willow: Better do a round robin. Xander, you go first.
Buffy: Good call.
Giles: Round robin?
Willow: It's when everybody calls everybody else's Mom and tells them they're staying at everyone's house.
Buffy: Thus freeing us up for world saveage.
Willow: And all-night keggers. [everyone looks at her, surprised] What? Only Xander gets to make jokes?

No comments:

Post a Comment