Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: season 3, ep. 5 Quippy Quotes

Ah, Buffy. How you warm my heart. I hate to admit that I am one who came to the Buffy fandom late in the game (about 15 years late), but that doesn't mean I love it any less than those of you who have been with her since the very beginning. Revisiting all of the episodes to post my favorite quotes is the ultimate in geekiness, but I am proud to say I am a Buffy the Vampire Slayer geek!

"Homecoming" is another episode where our teenage slayer wants a normal high school experience devoid of any vampires, demons, or supernatural event. However, no high school milestone can ever be "normal" for Buffy. This time Cordelia is an unwilling participant as Buffy fights against new foes who conspire to destroy the Slayer. And there are a lot of foes.

Quotes:

Cordelia: I think we should get a limo.
Xander: A limo? A big, expensive limo?
Willow: That sounds like fun. And it is our last homecoming dance so maybe we should make a big deal of it.
Xander: You wanna talk fun? Public bus. You meet the funnest people.

Cordelia: What's going on here? Did Scott not ask her to the homecoming dance yet?
Buffy: Thanks Cordelia. Humiliation's really good for my color.

Buffy: How are you feeling?
Angel: It hurts... less.

Buffy: From now on, you are gonna see a drastic distraction reduction. "Drastic distraction reduction." Try saying that 10 times fast.

Mayor: You have all my faith.

Buffy: I'm like a nonperson. Am I invisible? Can you see me?
Oz: Big as life.

Cordelia: Buffy, you look so cute in that outfit.
Buffy: I'm not voting for you.
Cordelia: Then make it snappy.

Buffy: Sorry Cordy, but you have no idea who you're messing with.
Cordelia: What? The Slayer?
Buffy: I'm not talking about the slayer. I'm talking about Buffy. You've awakened the prom queen within, and that crown is going to be mine.

Mr. Trick: Ladies, gentlemen, spiny-headed looking creatures... Welcome to SlayerFest '98.

Willow: It must be the clothes. It's a fluke.
Xander: It's a clothes fluke, that's what it is. And there'll be no more fluking.

Buffy: Now, this is just like any other popularity contest. I've done this before. The only difference being this time, I'm not actually popular. Although I'm not exactly unpopular. A lot of people came to my welcome home party.
Willow: But they were killed by zombies.
Buffy: Good point.

Xander: She's my girlfriend.
Willow: It's just that she's needs it so much more than you do.
Oz: As Willow goes, so goes my nation.

Buffy: Hey.
Willow: Hi. How are you? You good? You look good. Anything new? Hey, did I mention you look good?

Cordelia: This whole trying to be like me really isn't funny anymore.
Buffy: I was never trying to be like you, and when was it funny?

Buffy: Your brain isn't even connected to your mouth, is it?

Cordelia: Hello, how stupid are you people? She's a slayer. I'm a homecoming queen.

Giles: We have to find Buffy. Something terrible's happened. Just kidding. Thought I'd give you scare. Are those finger sandwiches?

Cordelia: I know what you're up to. You think if you get me mad enough, I won't be so scared. And hey... it's working! Where's a damn weapon?

Buffy: You really love Xander?
Cordelia: Well, he kind of grows on you, like... a Chia Pet.

Cordelia: Why is it every time I go somewhere with you it ends in violence and terror?
Buffy: Welcome to my life.
Cordelia: I don't want to be in your life. I want to be in my life.

Buffy: Cordelia, the gun! [Cordelia shoots wide] Cordelia, the spatula.

Cordelia: Those animals! Hunting us down like poor defenseless... well, animals.

Gorch: I'm gonna kill both you slayers for this. You hear me?
Cordelia: I hear you, you redneck moron. You got a dress that goes with that hat?
Gorch: I'm gonna --
Cordelia: Rip out my innards, play with my eyeballs, boil my brain and eat it for brunch? Listen up, needle-brain. Buffy and I have taken out four of your cronies, not to mention your girlfriend.
Gorch: Wife!
Cordelia: Whatever. The point is, I haven't even broken a sweat. See, in the end, Buffy's just the runner-up. I'm the queen. You get me mad, what do you think I'm gonna do to you?
Gorch: Later.

Xander: What did you two do to each other?
Buffy: Long story.
Cordelia: Got hunted.
Buffy: Apparently not that long.

Cordelia: After all we've been through tonight, this whole "who gets to be queen-capade" seems pretty --
Buffy: Damn important.
Cordelia: Oh, yea.

No comments:

Post a Comment