Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Smash: How I Would Fix It


As I said in a previous post, despite disliking many episodes of Smash, I'm excited that it was renewed for a second season. Not because of what it is right now, but what it could be.

If I were one of the writers, this is how I would fix it:

1. Less soap opera, more character development
2. Less soap opera, more real story
3. Less soap opera, more musical theatre
4. Fewer pop song covers, more musical theatre songs (classics and originals)
5. Less bedroom, more backstage
6. Less Ellis lurking behind doors, more kicking him out the door
7. Fewer characters we hate, more characters we want to root for
8. More cameos from musical theatre legends
9. More Brian D'Arcy James singing - musical theatre classics

This could be a great show, let's hope it will live up to its potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment