Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Bachelor Pad: Train Wreck on Television


I watched parts of the premiere of this season’s episode of Bachelor Pad during commercial breaks of Bunheads, and it was like watching a train wreck. Fortunately, I did “look away” by changing the channel because I was more interested in Bunheads. However, what little I saw really made me wonder about these people and what makes them behave the way they do.

It makes me sad that just the thought of being able to win $250,000 makes people mean, vindictive, and general jerks. Not only that, but they do it on national television! Why would people want to be seen that way? If I were these people’s parents I would be so embarrassed, especially if their parents taught them to be better than that. Our actions not only affect us, but they also affect and reflect on our family. If their parents taught them better than that, then why didn’t they listen?

I am mostly disgusted with Ed. I watched Jillian’s season, and I, along with many viewers, liked Ed. After last night I am glad that Jillian escaped from that drunken mess. I can’t understand how people are willing to guzzle down the booze when they are being filmed for the world to (literally) see everything. Who would want to make a fool of themselves in front of millions?

Finally, I’d like to say something to the contestants on Bachelor Pad who were on The Bachelor/ette and who were bad mouthing the super fans:

You were once a “nobody” too, until being on The Bachelor/ette made you think you were somehow more important that the people you call “nobodies.” Did you ever stop to think that it’s because of these super fans that you have even become what you think is “somebody”?

End of rant.

I do not plan on watching any more of this train wreck.

No comments:

Post a Comment