Monday, February 6, 2012

Doctor Who: Goodbye Amy and Rory


Amy and Rory will not be traveling with the Doctor in season 7 of Doctor Who. I am sad to see them go, especially Rory, but I think they need time away from the Doctor to build their life together as a newlywed couple (look at me, writing about them as if they are real people. Well, that's how fans are.). I am looking forward to a new companion for the Doctor, and for new adventures. I'm excited to see what is in store for us for the 50th anniversary of the series.

I hope the new season will have more stand-alone episodes than they had in season 6. I enjoyed season 6, however, I enjoy the stand-alone episodes better where the Doctor takes his companion to a new planet, or to the past or future, or where the Tardis leads them to a specific place. I don't feel like Doctor Who should be so complicated. I know many people enjoy the seasons that generate lots of questions throughout the season, but I'm not one of them.

I read that Amy will be in a few episodes in Season 7, so we'll (the Doctor and you and I) be able to say goodbye. I hope we'll get to say goodbye to Rory too. I will miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment