Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Writing Again


I have been in a writing drought lately. There are times when it's been hard to feel like I can write anything good. Ah, the joys of being a writer.

I have many ideas for novels and plays, but I haven't been working on any of them. As I've started writing this blog, I've felt guilty that I was writing every day for the blog but I wasn't working on any of my other writing projects.

So, I started working on one of my novels. It's pretty rough right now, and I'm not writing the novel in any kind of order. I'll work on one chapter, and then I'll move four chapters away from that. I'm excited about what I've done so far, and I know I have a lot of rewriting to do, but the good thing is, I'm writing!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited about you writing again. It was fun talking about your plans for this project last night at dinner. I can't wait to read what you're writing.

    As to feeling guilty about posting on a blog every day and not doing other writing, I like to think of it this way: at least I'm writing something. I'm not just sitting around wishing I was writing something.

    Thanks, Gretchen! I really enjoy both of your blogs.

    ReplyDelete