Saturday, February 18, 2012

My Cute Purse

I love purses. Or handbags or pocketbooks, whatever you prefer to call them. I love them in all colors, except brown or black, the brighter the better. And I have many.

I like them with three separate sections inside, with designated pockets for my cell phone and my billfold (yes, I have a billfold, not a wallet). I like them to be able to stand on their own and not get saggy when I put them down. I like my books to lie on their spines in the purse, not lie flat (I know, picky, picky). I don't like them too deep, so I don't have to dig for items. As I joked to a friend once, "I like purses that aren't deeper than I am."

Because of my strict list of requirements, I don't buy new purses often. However, there are rare times that I will find a purse that doesn't meet all of my requirements, but I have to buy it simple because it's too cute to resist.

My current purse is a case in point. It only has one section, and it gets saggy when I put it down. It's deeper than it is wide, I have to dig for items, and my books always lie flat in the bottom of it. It does, however, have designated pockets for my cell phone and billfold (I think all purses do nowadays). But it is so cute. I have never had as many compliments on a purse as I have with this one. Complete strangers have commented on it and have continued to talk to me for minutes afterwards. I don't blame them; I would tell me how cute it is too. Because it is.

Just see for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment