Friday, June 29, 2012

So You Think You Can Dance is Back!

So You Think You Can Dance is one of my favorite reality competition television shows.

I love seeing what the choreographers will come up with next. And I love seeing which dancers I get attached to. Since no season DVDs have been released, I like to keep recordings of my favorite routines. Last season had some good dancers, but there weren't many routines that I wanted to keep. I have big hopes for this season, and I look forward to routines that blow me away enough to want to keep them.

And let me tell you that I've been waiting to say, Cat Deeley is back! She is the best reality TV host on television. She is so spontaneous and has such genuine warmth. And she's so likable, you just want her to be your best friend.

After Wednesday's episode that revealed the top 20, I have some favorite dancers. I like Will (contemporary), Lindsay (ballroom), Eliana (ballet), and Chehon (ballet). We'll see if my favorites change as the weeks go by.

My favorite routine of the night was performed by Brandon the stepper, Cyrus the animator, and Cole the martial artist, choreographed by Christopher Scott. It was a great routine that played to the strengths of all three different styles and dancers. This is a keeper. It will be interesting to see how they do with other styles of dancing.



Each week I will include a favorite routine from the week's episode and a favorite from season's past. I'm going to start with what I would consider my favorite routine of all time: "Bleeding Love" with Chelsie Hightower and Mark Kanemura, choreographed by Napoleon and Tabitha. Perfection.



And I will tell you now that Mark is my favorite dancer from all the seasons of So You Think You Can Dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment