Monday, June 11, 2012

Tony Award Musical Performances

I have watched the Tony Awards every year for many, many years. For those who don't know, Tony Awards are given for the best of Broadway.

I started recording the musical numbers from the nominated musicals in 1987 when Les Miserables won for best musical.



The following are some of my favorite performances from past Tony Awards shows:

"Anything Goes" from Anything Goes (featuring Patti LaPone)



"Sit Down You're Rockin' the Boat" from Guys and Dolls



"My New Philosophy" from You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown (featuring Kristen Chenowith)



And finally, "Don't Walk Away" from Xanadu (featuring Cheyenne Jackson and Kerry Butler)



There are so many more I could include. I recommend that you go to YouTube and enter "Tony Award musical numbers" to see many more.

The 2012 Tony Awards show was broadcast last night, and there were some good production numbers from nomimated musicals. My favorite was "Sieze the Day" from Newsies, here is the reprise of "Sieze the Day" from the original movie (great choreography in just over one minute):



Tomorrow: Musical highlights from the 2012 Tony Awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment