Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Grimm: Bad Teeth

I cannot tell you how excited I am that season 2 of Grimm has started. This was such a great episode, and I'm looking so forward to this season. The only thing that I'm concerned about is that the show will become serial instead of episodic. I hope that each episode will still be based on a fairy tale, and that it won't be just about the mythology of the Grimm and the "royal family" with a little fairy tales on the side.

Observations:

Scary new Wesen. Scariest one we've seen so far.

I love the credits sequence. "There once was a man..."

Last season it seemed like the show's focus was the fairy tale stories. It seems like this season will be more about Nick's life as a Grimm.

Is Kelly really what she seems? I’m sure she’s up to more than she says. Her 18 years in hiding could be its own series. I want to see that!

Great scene with Monroe, Rosalee, and Nick’s mommy.

Not only is Juliette in a coma, but she’s forgetting everything! How could Nick deal with that on top of everything else?

It's convenient that it takes 16 hours for the potion to brew. We can't have them giving her the antidote right away, right? Suspense, suspense, suspense!

I have a feeling that Nick shouldn't give the coins to Kelly. Something has to be up, it can't be that simple. "Give me coins. I'll destroy them. You can trust me, I'm your mother. Although you really don't know me, and don't know what I've really been doing for 18 years."

Renard wants to keep Nick in Portland. I wonder what Renard specifically wants with Nick.

Why doesn't Renard ask Kimura any questions when Kimura tells him there were two Grimms.

Kelly doesn't seem very motherly. But she does try to cook breakfast and she cleans up the house. I love the look of surprise on Nick's face when he sees the clean house.

Kelly went on her first Wesen hunt when she was 18. What an initiation into adulthood.

This reminds me a bit of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (not just because I'm watching a marathon of Buffy episodes). It could be called, Nick the Wesen Killer.

Why is it always about a treasure hides by knights? And about controlling the world. As much as I love this show, I wish it wasn't about ruling the whole world. I just want it to be about fairy tales.

Why wouldn't Nick go straight to the hospital when he gets the call from Monroe and Rosalee? You would think Juliette would be the most important thing to him.

Quotes:

Monroe: Isn't she supposed to be not so alive?

Monroe: Sort of nice to meet you.

Monroe: Family reunions can be brutal. Our last one we lost two cousins - and a sheepdog.

Renard: Where's Adalind?
Catherine: Why would you think I know where she is?
Renard: You're her mother.
Catherine: Well, that's a little old-school, even for you.

Hank: I may not be awake, but I'm right.

Eric: I am on the phone!

Nick: Okay, that was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment