Sunday, August 26, 2012

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 1 ep. 5 Quippy Quotes

In "Never Kill a Boy on the First Date," Buffy's first date with handsome Owen does not go as planned. But things seldom goes as planned for Buffy.

Quippy Quotes:

Buffy: We haven't been properly introduced. I'm Buffy and you're history.

Buffy: Ooh, two points for the slayer while the watcher has yet to score.

Giles: What do you want?
Owen: A book?
Buffy: See, this is a school and we have students and they check out books and they learn things.
Giles: I was beginning to suspect that was a myth.

Owen: I lost my Emily... Dickinson. It's dumb, but I like her around. Kind of a security blanket.
Buffy: I have something like that. Well, it's an actual blanket. Uh, and I don't really carry it around anymore. So, Emily Dickens, huh? She's great!
Owen: Dickinson.
Buffy: She's good also.

Giles: She's quite a good poet. I mean, for a ...
Buffy: Girl?
Giles: For an American.

Giles: Buffy, while the mere fact of you wanting to check out a book would be grounds for a national holiday, I think we should focus on the problem at hand.
Buffy: Right. I'm sorry. You're right. Vampires. Oh, does this outfit make me look fat?

Willow: Owen Thurman was talking to you?
Buffy: It's all true.
Willow: Wow. He hardly talks to anyone. He's solitary, mysterious. He can brood for 40 minutes. I've clocked him.

Giles: All right. I'll just jump into my time machine, go back to the 12th century and ask the vampires to postpone their ancient prophecy for a few days while you take in dinner and a show.
Buffy: Okay, at this point you're abusing sarcasm.

Xander: So, you just went home?
Buffy: What was I supposed to do? Say to Owen, "Sorry I was late. I was sitting in a cemetery with the librarian, waiting for a vampire to rise so I could prevent an evil prophecy from coming to pass"?
Xander: Or flat tire.

Giles: Another date? Don't you do anything else?
Buffy: this is the first date. There's never been a date, okay? This is my maiden voyage.

Buffy: Clark Kent has a job. I just want to go on a date.

Willow: Xander, we should go with Giles. He could get in trouble.
Xander: Oh, he's gone. He's going to be all right. He's like Superlibrarian, you know. Everyone forgets, Willow, that knowledge is the ultimate weapon.

Buffy: You remember when you said I was like two different people? Well, one of them has to go, but the other one is having a really good time and will come back, I promise.
[Buffy kisses Owen and leaves.]
Owen: She is the strangest girl.

Owen: I don't really know how to say this, but about last night --
Buffy: You don't even have to -- I'm sure you were pretty freaked out.
Owen: Totally, and I was wondering when I could see you again.
Buffy: Um, that was my hopeful ear. Could you repeat that.

Giles: I was ten years old when my father told me I was destined to be a Watcher. He was one, and his mother before him. And I was to be next.
Buffy: Were you thrilled beyond all measure?
Giles: No, I had very definite plans about my future. I was going to be a fighter pilot. Or, possibly a grocer.

No comments:

Post a Comment