Saturday, August 18, 2012

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 1 ep. 1 Quippy Quotes

I just finished season 4 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I've loved the whole series so far, though there were some episodes in season 4 that were not my favorite.

The scripts are so good, with so many great lines. And I've written favorite quotes in my notebook, because that's what I do. So, I'm going back to season 1 with my favorite quotes.

Quippy Quotes from ep. 1 "Welcome to the Hellmouth"

Willow: Do you have Theories in Trig? You should check it out.
Xander: Check it out?
Willow: From the library. Where the books live.

Buffy: Mr. Flutie...
Principal Flutie: All the kids here are free to call me Bob.
Buffy: Bob...
Principal Flutie: But they don't.

Xander: Well, uh, maybe I'll see you around. Maybe at school since we both go there.
Buffy: Great! It was nice to meet you.
Xander: ( to himself) We both go to school. Very suave. Very not pathetic.

Xander: Hey! You forgot you're... stake.

Cordelia: You'll be okay here. If you hang with me and mine, you'll be accepted in no time. Of course, we do have to test your coolness factor. You're from L.A., so you can skip the written, but let's see. Vamp nail polish?
Buffy: Um, over?
Cordelia: So over. James Spader?
Buffy: He needs to call me.
Cordelia: Frappaccinos?
Buffy: Trendy, but tasty.
Cordelia: John Tesh?
Buffy: The Devil.
Cordelia: That was pretty much a gimme, but... you passed.

Cordelia: Willow, nice dress. Good to know you've seen the softer side of Sears.

Buffy: It does involve hanging out with me for a while.
Willow: Aren't you hanging out with Cordelia?
Buffy: I can't do both?
Willow: Not legally.

Buffy (re: the library): That place just kind of gives me the wiggins.

Buffy: It's my first day. I was afraid that I was gonna be behind on all my classes, that I wouldn't make any friends, that I would have last month's hair. I didn't think there'd be vampires on campus.

Buffy: Who are you?
Angel: Let's just say, I'm a friend.
Buffy: Yeah, well maybe I don't want a friend.
Angel: I didn't say I was yours.

Buffy: Are you here with someone?
Willow: No, I'm just here. I thought Xander was gonna show up.
Buffy: Oh! Are you guys going out?
Willow: No, we're just friends. We used to go out, but we broke up.
Buffy: How come?
Willow: He stole my barbie. Oh, we were five.

No comments:

Post a Comment