Sunday, August 19, 2012

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 1 ep. 2 Quippy Quotes

In "The Harvest," the second episode of the first season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy and her group of friends try to stop the end of the world. Something they will find themselves having to do again, and again, and again. And they do it while saying things very clever, as always.

Quippy Quotes:

Willow: Oh, I-I need to sit down.
Buffy: You are sitting down.
Willow: Oh. Good for me.

Giles: As long as there's been vampires there's been the slayer. One girl in all the world.
Buffy: He loves this part.
Giles: A Slayer hunts vampires. Buffy is a Slayer. Don't tell anyone. Well, I think that's all the vampire information you need.
Xander: Except for one thing: how do you kill them?
Buffy: You don't. I do.

Giles: You have no idea where they took Jesse?
Buffy: I looked around, but soon as they got clear of the graveyard, they could have just, voom!
Xander: They can fly?
Buffy: They can drive.

Giles: So, all the city plans are just open to the public?
Willow: Um, well, in a way. I sort of stumbled onto them when I accidentally decrypted the city council's security system.
Xander: Someone's been naughty.

Xander: So, what's the plan? We saddle up, right?
Buffy: There's no "we," okay? I'm the slayer, you're not.
Xander: I knew you'd throw that back in my face.

Principal Flutie: Maybe that's how they do things in Britain. They've got that royal family and all kinds of problems. But not in Sunnydale. Nobody leaves campus while school's in session. Are we clear?
Buffy: We're clear.
Principal Flutie: That's the Buffy Summers I want in my school. Sensible girl with her feet on the ground.

Buffy (to Angel): I have a friend down there, or a potential friend. Do you know what it's like to have a friend? [pause] That wasn't supposed to be a stumper.

Buffy (to Angel): You gonna wish me good luck?
[No answer. Buffy walks away.]
Angel: Good luck.

Buffy: What are you doing here?
Xander: Something stupid. I followed you. I couldn't just sit at home and do nothing.
Buffy: I understand. Now go away.

Buffy: So, Giles, got anything that can make this day any worse?
Giles: How about the end of the world?
Buffy: Knew I could count on you.

Cordelia: Senior boys are the only way to go. The guys from our grade? Forget about it. They're children. You know? Like Jesse. Did you see him last night, following me around like a little puppy dog? You just wanna put him to sleep. But senior boys, they have mystery. They have... What's the word I'm searching for? Cars!

Luke (a vampire): Ladies and gentlemen, there's no cause for alarm. Actually, there is cause for alarm. It just won't do any good.

No comments:

Post a Comment