Wednesday, August 1, 2012

So You Think You Can Dance: My Favorite Dancer

Matthew and Audrey have been my favorite couple since the beginning of this new season of So You Think You Can Dance, but my single favorite dancer is Will. I'm not as taken with his partner, Amelia, but I like Will's sense of humor, his quirkiness, his originality, and yes, his dancing, more than any other dancer. And he's just adorable.

I think I began to like him on the episode where they announced the top 20, and we first saw them dance. After the routine by Sonya Tayeh that featured only the men, he mentioned that he wasn't as "ripped" as the other men, that he had a bit of a belly. He said it with humor, not self-deprecation, and I liked that.

His routines haven't been my favorite, but I like him, and I hope he stays in the competition for a long time. And if he happens to win the whole thing, I would be happy. So, even though this routine isn't my favorite of last Wednesday's episode, I included this video because I just like Will.



The "Best of the Best" routine is the best ballroom routine I think they've ever had on the show. Of course it's performed by two ballroom dancers, Benji Schwimmer (winner of season 2), and his cousin Heidi Groskreutz. I wish the ballroom routines could be as good as this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment