Monday, August 20, 2012

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 1 ep. 3 Quippy Quotes

The third episode, "Witch" is the episode where Buffy tries out for cheerleader at her new school, and a few people don't want her to get the gig.

Quippy Quotes:

Giles: This is madness. What could you be thinking? You are the slayer. Lives depend upon you. I make allowances for your youth, but I expect a certain amount of responsibility. And instead of which you enslave yourself in this - this cult.
Buffy (standing in a cheerleader outfit w/ pom poms): You don't like the color?

Giles: That's the thrill of living on the Hellmouth. There's a a veritable cornucopia of fiends and devils and ghouls to engage. (all look at him quizzitivaly) Pardon me for finding the glass half full.

Buffy: You guys don't have to get involved.
Xander: What do you mean? We're a team. Aren't we a team?
Willow: Yeah, you're the Slayer, and we're, like, the Slayerettes.

Xander: I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide until it goes away.

Joyce: How was school?
Buffy: A reverent joy.

Xander: For I am Xander, King of cretins. May all lesser cretins bow before me.

Xander: First vampires, now witches. No wonder you can still afford a house in Sunnydale.

Rupert: Why should someone want to harm Cordelia?
Willow: Maybe because they met her? [pause] Did I say that?

Xander Harris: We're right behind you, only further back.

Joyce: I don't get it.
Buffy: What?
Joyce: I've been doing a lot of thinking about where you're coming from, how to relate to you. And I've come to a very simple conclusion. I don't get it.
Buffy: I'm inscrutable, huh?
Joyce: You're 16. I think there's a biological imperative whereby I can't understand you because I'm not 16.
Buffy: Do you ever wish you were 16 again?
Joyce: Oh, that's a frightful notion. Go through all that again? Not even if it helped me understand you.
Buffy: I love you Mom.
[Buffy leaves]
Joyce: I don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment