Thursday, September 13, 2012

Angel: Corner of the Sky

John Rubenstein guest starred as an evil lawyer in seasons three and four of Angel. I first heard of John Rubenstein when I bought the Broadway cast recording of Pippin (written by Stephen Schwartz, who wrote Wicked) years ago. John played the title character in the musical in the 70s, and sang my favorite song from the show, "Corner of the Sky."


In episode 1 of season four of Angel, "Deep Down," John Rubenstein's evil character, Linwood Murrow, says, "This is my corner of the sky." I love pop culture references that very few people will get. And I love that there are so many of them in Joss Whedon's TV shows.

Thanks Joss, for giving me these little tidbits to enjoy and to blog about.

John singing "Corner of the Sky"

No comments:

Post a Comment