Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Grimm: Quill

The latest episode of Grimm was great. If the season keeps having episodes like this one, this is going to be a heck of a season. It's still episodic, but continues to have side plots that will carry through the season.

Observations:

I loved the scene with Nick and Hank sitting in a coffee shop and Nick explaining to Hank what Wesen are and about his life as a Grimm.

We finally get an answer from Nick himself that he can see the Wesen in their true form when they get emotional (which we pretty much already figured out). However, he said that he doesn't really know how Wesen can sense he's a Grimm. I suppose that's a question he's never thought to ask Monroe. So, we have no answer to why Hank could see Carly when she was frightened in "Bad Moon Rising." I guess she wanted them to see her to frighten them.

Juliette is trying hard to remember Nick. She is going through his clothes and she's asking people about him. She calls up Monroe asking about her relationship with Nick and really throws Monroe for a loop.

There was no narrator during the opening sequence this time. I wonder if there were other people who didn't like it, so they took it out. Well, I just didn't like the narrator's voice - I didn't mind the narration so much.

Side note: One of the executive producer's last name is Wolff. I never noticed that before and I think that's funny. That is all.

Juliette remembers Bud coming to her house to fix the refrigerator and that he was afraid of Nick. Then she sees the quilt Bud gave her. And she actually invites Bud over to get some information from him. I miss Bud.

Renard is still curious about Nick's parents' accident - specifically about his mother. What does he suspect? Also, that obituary didn't look like a real obituary, well, not the ones I'm used to seeing. It looked more like a newspaper article about the accident. Except for the last paragraph, and saying that they were survived by their 12-year old son.

The royal family is sending another Wesen to find the key. A Nuckelavee. I wonder why Nick's mother didn't take the key - only the coins? Hmmm.

Renard and the man on the phone did the French/English thing again: started the conversation in French and ended in English. Strange.

Monroe doesn't seem too happy that Nick told Hank.

Juliette is now remembering Bud, the Wesen who fixed the refrigerator, and how he was afraid of Nick.

I will say it again - Poor Nick. How would it be if the woman you loved remembered everything in her life except you?

How does Renard think that a cop who knows nothing about Wesen would be able to catch this Nuckelavee?

Now, I have nothing against cats, but it's kind of funny when the cat gets hit. However, it really wasn't the cat's fault that it infected Juliette with Adalind's spell.

Juliette invited Bud over to talk to him about Nick. Why is she asking all of these Wesen? Why doesn't she ask her friends or family? Strange.

Poor Bud doesn't know that Juliette doesn't know Nick is a Grimm, and he let's the cat of the bag, so to speak. It's funny watching him try to cover his tracks, saying that a "grimm" is a term for a good cop, a good man who helps people in need. It's good that Juliette is learning that Nick is a good man. And it will be interesting to see how much more she learns about him being a Grimm, and how she learns it.

I love Sergeant Wu. He is really one of my favorite characters. It's sad to see how affects him that he had to kill the woman affected by the plague.

If it was a pig that started the plague, then why don't they try to track down the pig and get rid of it? Am I the only person who thought about that? Hello?

Nick had to fight Rosalee. By the time we got to that point, I thought it was going to be a two parter. I didn't think they would resolve it so quickly. It felt a little rushed to me.

Monroe's line to Nick that he "didn't have to kill" Rosalee was delivered too much like a funny line. If Monroe truly thought Nick had killed her, he would have been more upset than that. Unless he knew he didn't kill her and was just being "Monroe."

I'm glad that they were able to save Gilco.

I love the look Monroe gives Rosalee in their last shot.

I'm looking forward to the first meeting between Juliette and Renard since that kiss. I wonder what will happen.

Quotes:

Juliette (to herself): Why can't I remember you? Why can I remember everyone but you?

Hank: Did he do that change thing?
Nick: Right before he charged at us.

Hank: How do you do this? How do you know who's who and what's what?
Nick: Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.
Hank: That's no help.

Monroe: Guess we're on the same wave length.

Monroe: Ever think about how I might react? Maybe we should just have a coming out party. Tell all your friends.

Nick: How was your day?
Juliette: You know, just taking a stroll down lost memory lane.

Monroe: What's wrong?
Rosalee: Cat got out.

Rosalee: Are you asking me out on a picnic?
Monroe: That depends on what you say. And if you were to say yes, then yes. But if you were to say no, then, you know, I just wanted to tell you about my great grandmother's picnic basket I found in the attic.
Rosalee: I haven't been on a picnic in a long time.
Monroe: I'm leaning on that being a yes. Cool.

Monroe: If you take the blanket, I'll do the heavy lifting.

Rosalee: There was a time when I used to love to run through the woods.
Monroe: Man, me too. I was usually chasing someone. Then.

Bud: My wife will kill me if I don't ask about the pies.

Hank: I'll stick to the modern world, thank you.

Rosalee: You're not so hard to get used to.

Rosalee: I've rushed things in the past.
Monroe: Yea, me too.
Rosalee: And that's about as much as I'm going to discuss my past relationships.

Rosalee: That was more exciting than any picnic I've ever been on.

Monroe: You could be infected.
Rosalee: With love.

Rosalee: You saved me.
Monroe: It wasn't just me. Nick's here. And Hank.

No comments:

Post a Comment