Sunday, September 9, 2012

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: season 1 ep. 7 Quippy Quotes

Angel is the brooding, no-last-name, mysterious stranger with the face of an angel, who has been helping Buffy fight evil at the beginning of the first season. Buffy is falling hard for Angel, but she doesn't know how he feels about her. In episode 7, "Angel," Buffy finds out that Angel has feelings for her too. She also finds out he is a vampire.

I like the relationship between Buffy and Angel so much better than the relationship between Bella and Edward in the Twilight series. I wonder if Stephanie Meyer watched Buffy. If she did, I wish she would have learned too things: give your main character a backbone, and have some conflict in the relationship, instead of just, "Oh, I love you and I can't live without you." Case in point: Buffy is the slayer. Angel is a vampire. The slayer kills vampires. Major conflict!

Quotes:

Buffy: I was just thinking about things.
Willow: So, we're talking about a guy?
Buffy: Not exactly a guy. For us to have a conversation about a guy there'd have to be a guy for us to have a conversation about. Was that a sentence?

Willow: What about Angel?
Buffy: Angel? I can just see him in a relationship. 'Hi, honey. You're in grave danger. I'll see you next month.'

Angel: Good dogs don't bite.

Angel [after he and Buffy run into Buffy's house, chased by vampires]: It's all right. A vampire can't come in unless it's invited.
Buffy: I've heard that before, but I've never put it to the test.

Willow: How is it you always know this stuff? You always know what's going on. I never know what's going on.
Giles: Well, you weren't here from midnight until six researching it.
Willow: No, I was sleeping.

Buffy : Cool. Crossbow, huh? Check out these babies. Hmm. Goodbye stake, hello flying fatality.

Buffy: You read my diary? That is not OK. A diary is like a person's most private place. I - You don't even know what I was writing about. 'Hunk' can mean a lot of things, bad things. And when it said that your eyes are penetrating, I meant to write 'bulging'.
Angel: Buffy...
Buffy: And 'A' doesn't even stand for Angel for that matter. It stands for Achmed, a charming foreign exchange student. So that whole fantasy part has nothing to even do with you, at all --
Angel: Your mother moved your diary when she came in to straighten up. I watched her from the closet. I didn't read it, I swear.
Buffy: Oh.

Darla [a vampire, to Angel]: You're not exactly living off quiche.

Buffy: 240? Well, he said he was older.

Willow: So, he is a good vampire. I mean, on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being someone who's killing and maiming every night, and 1 being someone who's -- not?

Master: Angel. He was the most vicious killer I ever met. I miss him.

Willow: Okay, so let's review. Reconstruction began when? Buffy?
Buffy: Huh? Oh, um, reconstruction. Uh, reconstruction began after the construction, which was shoddy, so they had to reconstruct.
Willow: After the destruction of the Civil War.
Buffy: Right. Civil War. During which Angel was already, like, 100 and change.
Willow: Are we going to talk about boys, or are we going to help you pass history?

Darla [to Joyce, Buffy's Mom]: I was supposed to help her with the war of independence. My family kind of goes back to those days.

Darla: It's very nice of you to invite me into your home.

Joyce: Would you like something to eat?
Darla: Yes, I would.

Joyce: I know she's having trouble with history. Is it too difficult for her or is she not applying herself?
Giles: She lives very much in the now and uh, well, history, of course, is very much about the "then."

Buffy: I've killed a lot of vampires. I've never hated one before.

Angel: The Elders conjured the perfect punishment for me. They restored my soul.
Buffy: What? They were all out of boils and blinding torment?

Darla: Do you know what the saddest thing in the world is?
Buffy: Bad hair on top of that outfit?

Darla [after Buffy shoots her with the crossbow]: Close, but no heart.

Xander: Ah, the post-fumigation party.
Buffy: 'Kay, so what's the difference between this and the pre-fumigation party?
Xander: Much hardier cockroaches.

Willow: So, no word from Angel?
Buffy: Nah. It's weird though. In a way I feel like he's still watching me.
Willow: Well, in a way he sort of is. In the way of that he's right over there.

Angel: Look, this can't --
Buffy: --ever be anything. I know. For one thing, you're, like, 224 years older than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment