Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 1 ep. 6 Quippy Quotes

"The Pack" is the first episode where one of the Scooby gang "goes bad." It's through no fault of Xander's that he becomes possessed by the spirit of a hyena at the zoo. He was just trying to help a boy who's being bullied, and he becomes the bully himself, and even worse.

Quippy Quotes:

Xander: Buffy, this isn't just about looking at a bunch of animals. This is about not being in class.
Buffy: You know, you're right. Suddenly the animals look shiny and new.
Xander: Got to have perspective.

Xander: Why don't you pick on someone your own species?

Willow: I thought Xander would be here by now.
Buffy: That would make him on time. We can't have that.

Buffy (re: Angel): I suppose some girls might find him good looking. [pause] If they have eyes. All right, he's a honey.

Xander (to Buffy and Willow): Girls!
Buffy: Boy!

Principal Flutie: When I was your age we cared about the school's reputation and the football team's record and all that stuff. Of course, when I was your age I was surrounded by old guys telling me how much better things were when they were my age.

Coach: All right. It's raining. All regular gym classes have been postponed. So, you know what that means. Dodge ball. Now, for those of you who may have forgotten, the rules are as follows: you dodge.

Buffy: Something's going on. Something weird.
Willow: What are you going to do?
Buffy: Going to talk to the expert on weird.

Giles: Xander's taken to teasing the less fortunate?
Buffy: Uh-huh.
Giles: And, uh, there's a noticeable change in both clothing and demeanor?
Buffy: Yes.
Giles: And, well, otherwise, all his spare time's spent lounging about with imbeciles?
Buffy: It's bad, isn't it?
Giles: It's devastating. He's turned into a sixteen-year-old boy. Of course, you'll have to kill him.
Buffy: Giles, I'm serious.
Giles: So am I. Except for the part about killing him.

Giles: Testosterone is a great equalizer. It turns all men into morons. He will, however, get over it.
Buffy: I cannot believe that you, of all people, are trying to Scully me.

Willow: What are you going to do?
Giles: Get my books and look stuff up.

Principal Flutie: You're going to have so much detention, your grandchildren will be staying after school.

Willow: Why couldn't Xander be possessed by a puppy? Or some ducks?

Buffy: It's safe to say that in his animal state his idea of wooing doesn't involve a Yanni CD and a bottle of Chianti.

Giles: I've been reading up on my, uh, animal possession, and I cannot find anything anywhere about memory loss afterwards.
Xander: Did you tell them that?
Giles: Your secret dies with me.
Xander: Shoot me, stuff me, mount me.

No comments:

Post a Comment