Friday, September 21, 2012

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: season 1, ep. 9 Quippy Quotes


"The Puppet Show" explores a common event at a high school: a student talent show. Giles is reluctantly given the job to oversee the school production. Auditions include a singer, a magician, a dancer, a tuba player, and a ventriloquist. When a dancer is found murdered, with her heart missing, the dummy becomes the main suspect.

One of the funniest scenes in the whole series is at the end of this episode, over the end credits, as the real horror for the scooby gang comes from performing a dramatic scene from Oedipus Rex in front of the school.


Quotes:

Buffy: The school talent show. However did you finagle such a primo assignment.
Giles: Our new Furor, Mr. Snyder.
Willow: I think they call them "Principals" now.
Giles: He thought it would behoove me to have more contact with the students and I tried to explain that my vocational choice as Librarian was a deliberate attempt to minimize said contact. But he would have none of it.
Buffy: Giles, into every generation is born one who must run the annual talentless show. You cannot escape your destiny.
Giles: If you had any shred of decency, you would have participated, or at least, um, helped.
Buffy: Nah. I think I'll take on your traditional role... and watch.
Xander: And mock.
Willow: And laugh.

Buffy: I think we'd better leave Giles to this business we call show.

Buffy: Ew, dummy.
Willow: I think dummies are cute. You don't?
Buffy: Ew. They give me the wig. Ever since I was little.
Willow: What happened?
Buffy: I saw a dummy. It gave me the wig... There really wasn't a story there.

Xander: I can't do this.
Buffy: Xander, come on.
Xander: I can't. I have my pride. Okay, I don't have a lot of my pride, but I have enough so that I can't do this.
Willow: A dramatic scene is the easiest way to get through the talent show because it doesn't require a natural talent.

Buffy: What am I going to do, slay vampires on stage?
Willow: Maybe in a funny way.

Principal Snyder: Kids... I don't like them.

Cordelia: It's just such a tragedy for me. Emma was my best friend.
Xander: Emily.

Cordelia: All I can think is, it could have been me.
Xander: We can dream.

Xander: Next time we split up, someone else is on Cordelia detail. Five more minutes with her and we would have had another organ donor.

Principal Snyder: There are things I will not tolerate: students loitering on campus after school, horrible murders with hearts being removed, and also smoking.

Willow: Once again I'm banished to the demon section of the card catalog.

Buffy: This means that whatever's out there still needs a healthy, intelligent brain.
Xander: In other words, I'm safe.

Principal Snyder: I don't get it. Is it avante-garde?

No comments:

Post a Comment