Monday, September 17, 2012

So You Think You Can Dance: Who I Think Should Win

After Will was voted off a few weeks ago, I didn’t really care which of the male dancers won So You Think You Can Dance. I really wanted Will to win.

After the last episode, I’ve changed my mind about not caring. I really want Chehon to win. Now, I like Cyrus. I think he’s grown a great deal during his time on the show, but he isn’t near the dancer that Chehon is. He is still weak and sloppy in most of the genres that he has performed in. Cyrus should have been let go by the judges long before now. I think the winner should be the better dancer, not the one who’s more personable.

After watching Chehon’s solos the last few weeks, I am blown away by his talent. That man can jump! Beautifully. He is magnificent.
I also can’t believe that Nigel said that he wouldn’t be voting for Cyrus, right to his face, and in front of millions of viewers. I think it was a crappy thing for him to say. Whether he said it because he wants people to vote for Cyrus in sympathy, or he realizes that the judges have really coddled Cyrus this season and he’s trying to back-peddle and tell the viewers they should vote for the better dancer, I’m sure no one but Nigel will know. However, I don’t think he should have said it.
Now, to the girls. Should Eliana win or Tiffany? I definitely think Eliana should win. And I think she will. This win will definitely go to the more talented dancer. Both Eliana and Tiffany have sweet personalities, so I don’t think personality will play a factor. Tiffany is a very strong dancer, and some of my favorite routines have been by her. However, Eliana is strong in every genre. And even though she was paired with Cyrus at the beginning of the competition and couldn’t really showcase all she could do then, her talent shone through and she overshadowed Cyrus in all of her dances.
We’ll find out tomorrow which dancers will win. I know it’s just a reality TV show, but I hope I won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment