Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: season 1, ep. 10 Quippy Quotes


"Nightmares" is an interesting episode where the characters' worst fears, or nightmares, are coming true. We get a deeper glimpse into the psyche of the scooby gang as the episode goes on.

Buffy's worst fears are that she has to take a test she hasn't prepared for, that her father doesn't love her anymore, and that she will become a vampire. Xander's fears are that he comes to class in just his underwear, and that the clown from a birthday party when he was a kid is chasing him. Willow's fear is that she has to sing in front of an audience and she doesn't have a voice, or know the words. Cordelia's fear is that she will be ugly and unpopular, and Giles's worst fear is that he can't read.

Quotes:

The Master: Fear is in the mind, like pain. It can be controlled. If I can face my fear it cannot master me.

Xander: If there's something bad there, we'll find, you'll slay, we'll party.
Buffy: Thanks for having confidence in me.
Xander: You da man, Buff.

Wendell: Do you guys want something?
Buffy: We just thought you might want to talk about what happened.
Willow: You know, yesterday with the spiders.
Wendell: I don't know what to say about that.
Xander: There's nothing to say, you saw 200 insects. You gonzoe'd - anyone would have.
Wendell: They're not insects. They're arachnids.
Xander: They're from the Middle East?

Giles: I can't read.
Buffy: What do you mean? You can read, like, three languages.
Giles: Five actually, on a normal day, but words here don't make any sense. Gibberish.

Giles: The boy's been in a coma for a week. How can this be possible?
Buffy: What am I, knowledge girl now? Explanations are your terrain.

Buffy: Could I be seeing Billy's asteroid body?
Giles: Astral body.

Xander: Um, our dreams are coming true?
Giles: Dreams? That would be a musical comedy version of this. Our nightmares are coming true.

Willow: Why is this happening?
Giles: Biily.
Xander: Well, that explanation's shorter than usual. It's Billy. Who's Billy?

The Master: This is a dream. A dream is a wish your heart makes.

Willow: I had to sing. Very bad - to sing.

Xander: You were a lousy clown. Your balloon animals were pathetic. Everyone can make a giraffe.

Willow: Excuse me. When did they put a cemetery across the street?
Xander: And when did it become night over there?

Vampire Buffy: Well, we better hurry, cause I'm getting hungry.
Xander: That IS a joke, right?

Buffy: There are a lot scarier things than you. And I'm one of them.

Billy: I had the strangest dream. And you were in it, and you. Who are you people?

Willow: Personal question.
Xander: Yea, shoot.
Willow: When Buffy was a vampire, you weren't still like, attracted to her we're you?
Xander: Willow, how can you... I mean, that's really bent. She was... grotesque.
Willow: Still dug her, huh?
Xander: I'm sick. I need help.
Willow: Don't I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment