Thursday, July 11, 2013

So You Think You Can Dance: Thanks for Listening to the Fans

The producers of So You Think You Can Dance listened to the fans and changed the format back to the way it was last year. They announced the bottom three girls and boys, the dancers "danced for their life," and then the top 18 (or 17) did their routines. Then we found out who was going home at the end of the episode. It was so much better than announcing the dancers who were going home at the beginning of the episode and then making them do their routines.

I enjoyed many of the routines in this episode. Two of them were really good. One of my favorites was the contemporary number by Malece and all-star Marko. Malece's regular partner, Jade, had to withdraw from the competition because of an injury, so Marko stepped in. I feel bad for Jade, but Marko was great. My other favorite routine was Mackenzie and Paul's contemporary routine.

Because Jade had to drop out, no guy was cut this week. However, the judges cut Jasmine Mason. I totally disagreed on her being cut, but I disagreed with their decision last week too. So, so far they've been consistent. *wink*

Mackenzie and Paul:



Malece and Marko:



And now, a favorite from a past season. Since my two favorites from last week's episode were contemporary, I decided to choose another contemporary routine. This is Eliana (season 9's favorite female dancer), and all-star Alex Wong. Incredible dancing. That is all.



No comments:

Post a Comment