Monday, April 9, 2012

Grimm: Plumed Serpent


I love how Grimm is using so many obscure fairy tales for each episode. It will be nice when they use another familiar fairy tale, but even the episodes based on obscure ones are so well written and thought out.

I have to say that I just love the main characters in this show. Nick is so easy on the eyes, and I really love his character. I'm glad that Juliette isn't just the throw-away girlfriend, that she gets to have a major part in the show. Renard is such an enigma. Is he good or is he bad? What is his agenda?

And Monroe? Well, Monroe is one of my favorite TV characters of all time. And he plays the cello!

Okay, let's get to Plumed Serpent.

It's nice to see that other Baldwin brothers are still working, that Alec doesn't have a corner on the acting jobs in the family. But then, they all look and sound alike, so who knows if that really wasn't Alec anyway. *wink*

Monroe's character is so multi-faceted. We know he has many hobbies and interests. From everything we know about Monroe, you'd think he'd go to the theatre or the opera or the ballet for an evenining of entertainment, so it's hilarious to see him at the club where Ariel, the fire dancer, works.

Most Wesen freak out when they see Nick because he's a Grimm, but Ariel just smiles. She's excited to see a Grimm.

Nick: I thought dragons were mythological.
Monroe: Dragons are. Damonfeuers aren't.

Monroe tells Nick that a Grimm was found decapitated. We really haven't heard much about other Grimms. You would think Nick would be interested to know, and maybe want to meet, other Grimms. But he doesn't seem very interested except that one was killed.

Ariel: Am I your first Damonfeuer? You're my first Grimm.

Ariel takes her flame batons home with her even though she has her own dressing room at the club. Does she practice at home? *wink*

Ariel: Remember Nick, you came for me; I didn't come for you.

Nick: That's just what I need, an entrance to hell.

Eberhard's wife died in a fire. Did he cause the fire?

Hank: This girl takes being wired to a whole new level.

Ariel: Now Grimm up, it's time to face your Damonfeuer.

Monroe: It's a quest. Your princess has been taken by the dragon. (Even though it's mythological.)

Why do Ariel and her father use the handcar and not the section car? It's a lot quicker.

I'm interested to know exactly how Ariel was able get Juliette out of her house, into her car, onto the handcar, and then into the cave. Juliette seems the type who would have put up quite a fight.

Monroe: I'm not liking the plan so far. 

Juliette can really pack a punch.

The question is - why does Ariel want Nick to think she's dead? What havoc is she going to cause in the future? Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment