Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Smash: Chemistry


This is the episode when Ivy begins her downward spiral into prescription drugs. I'm still waiting for the soap opera to end and the good show it can be to start.

Karen: When do they stop changing everything? 
Danny: Five minutes before the performance.

I've said it many times about this show, and I will say it again: Who does a workshop of a musical without a finished script?

Tom says he's not letting Derek use his music with which to bludgeon his writing partner, but then he just walks away, leaving Derek to further bludgeon Julia if he wants to. Strange thing to do. Wouldn't he stay and stand up for her?

I don't know how I would feel to be the actor who plays Ellis and have to be do the same thing every week - eavesdropping and being a snitch. I think I would want to go to the writers and ask if I could have some kind of other scenes. But this is one of my complaints with the show, there are so many two dimensional characters.

How does Karen get out from behind the piano without the production team seeing her after they talk about replacing Ivy?

Julia: Look at you, handsome even after flying all night.

There's something off with Angelica Huston's acting. I just can't put my finger on it.

Why does Michael want to resume his affair with Julia when he has a great wife and child at home? There's just no motivation for it, other than this show is a soap opera so they think it needs some infidelity.

I want that apartment that Ellis and his friend show Eileen, but then, wouldn't anybody? What a view!

How did Ellis get Eileen to even go into a bar called the "Bushwhack"?

It was very disconcerting when Ivy looks straight into the camera during her hallucination-induced song.

I don't think I've ever seen a Star of David made of blue and white balloons, or any colored balloons to be exact. But then, I've never been to a Bar mitzvah before either.

Julia: I love that you have a favorite element.

Michael is such a sleaze - thinking of meeting Julia at the rehearsal space even when his cute wife brings his cute little boy in the room.
 
Would a husband really let his wife go out walking alone in Manhattan at night?

Michael: I'm an actor. Don't offer me the part if you don't want me to take it.

Derek: How is the voice today.
Ivy: The voice? The voice is fine. 
Derek: Terrific
Ivy: Do you want to know how I am?

Jessica: So, how did it go? (This is one of my favorite lines that in so many Disney shows. It's in Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast, and in others I'm sure.)

Why does Ivy think she could fire Karen? She is not in charge.

During "History is Made at Night," it's more interesting to watch the dancers than Ivy and Michael.

Why does Eileen go back to the Bushwhack, and invite a potential backer there?

Eileen: Watch out, it's my turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment