Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Once Upon a Time: Heart of Darkness


I love Once Upon a Time!

It was so wonderful to see a Snow/Charming-centric story. It's interesting to see other stories, but this is what this show is all about. I am a sucker for romance, and this episode gave that in spades.

I loved seeing a wanted poster for Snow White hanging on a tree in Fairy Tale Land.

It's great that Snow was humming "With a Song in My Heart." Having access to Disney's large canon, wouldn't it be cool to have a musical episode of Once Upon a Time using Disney songs. I would love it!

Snow looks so cute with her curled hair and big red bow.

It's nice to see Jiminy again. He needs to be in more episodes.

I love that Jiminy asks the dwarfs to write letters to Snow to let her know their feelings. It's a great intervention attempt.

Regina: I know what it's like to lose someone you love, to be publicly humiliated. It put me in a very dark place. It changed me.

Side note: So, I'm writing this after seeing the episode where we find out why Regina hates Snow, and this makes a lot of sense, except for the "publicly humiliated" part. I wonder if there's more to the story.

Why does Snow tell Grumpy to get out of her way when he's not standing in her way. She's going the other way.

Snow to Grumpy: What I don't need is to be lectured by a dwarf with a bad attitude.

Emma: You have to go home.
Henry: Not going to happen.

August is there to make Emma believe who she is.

Henry: Last time I tried to find proof, I got stuck in a sink hole.

Why did Snow take the soldier's underwear too? It's a funny scene, but just a little creepy.

Regina: Everyone has a dark side, David.

Regina: I always believed evil isn't born, it's made.

Rumpelstiltskin: If you bottle love, you can do anything.

Grumpy: If you take that bow, you do it alone.
Snow: That was always my plan.

Rumpel to David: If she kills the Queen, she becomes as evil as the woman whose life she's taken.

Snow: Words, words, words.

Snow is now quoting Shakespeare ("Words, words, words" is from Hamlet.)

It's great to see Dr. Hopper again.

David can remember Fairy Tale Land when he's hypnotized. So, Henry just needs to get everyone hypnotized. *wink*

James to Jiminy: You can talk?
Jiminy: Yea, and you can listen.

It was a great scene when James was trying to get Snow remember him.

James: I would rather die than let you fill your heart with darkness.

Best moment was when James kisses Snow and she finally remembers him, especially seeing both of them with tears running down their cheeks. I am such a romantic.

Snow: I will always find you.

Oh, David how could you doubt Mary Margaret? How could you?

I'm so glad that the writers allow David/James to cry. They let him show his emotions rather than going with the mantra, "man up."

Grumpy: Let's show that King what Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs can do!"

I love the dramatics of watching Mary Margaret unlock the jell cell and opening the door.

Emma: Belief is not proof.

What is Rumpel going to do with Love, now that he's bottled it?

1 comment: