Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Into the Woods on the Big Screen


More exciting news on the movie musical front.

Disney is bringing Stephen Sondheim’s Into the Woods to the big screen. I cannot tell you how excited I am about this news. Actually, I can. I am soooo excited about this news!

Now, for those of you who may think that Disney might ruin this great musical, there’s even more good news. Rob Marshall will be directing. He has already proven that he can direct a musical adapted for the screen (Chicago). And even better news: James Lapine, who wrote the script for the original production of Into the Woods, will be writing the screenplay. So, if this isn’t a great adaptation, then they just didn’t try hard enough.

The only actor I have heard that has been approached for any roles is Emma Stone, though I haven’t heard which part Rob Marshall is thinking she would play. Red Riding Hood? Cinderella? I think she’d be a great Red.

Who would be in your dream cast of Into the Woods, the Movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment