Monday, April 2, 2012

TV Review: Missing


I have a new favorite TV show. (I have so many favorites now, I can't say which of those is really my favorite.)

Missing stars Ashley Judd as Rebecca Winstone, a former CIA agent whose 18 year old son, Michael, is kidnapped when he's in school in Rome. Rebecca goes to Italy and uses some of her old contacts and old moves to try to find Michael.

Ashely Judd is great as Rebecca Winstone. I have always liked her and her acting, and this is a great role for her. Her reaction when she sees the footage of Michael being abducted is so believable. And when she runs after the airplane that Michael has just been dragged onto, and it flies off, she sinks to the ground in despair, and it is heartbreaking.

The show is filmed on location in Europe, and it is wonderful to see the many famous landmarks.

Each episode feels like a mini-movie, from the stories to the cinematography, from the acting to the action scenes and stunts.

I don't know what will happen at the end of the series. Michael can't be missing forever. Mom has to find him sometime. But for now I am thoroughly enjoying the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment