Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Once Upon a Time: Hat Trick


I loved, loved, loved this episode, even though it wasn't a Snow/Charming-centric episode.

It was an interesting twist to focus on the Mad Hatter instead of on Alice.

Emma: I'd rather lose my job than my friend.

Didn't Emma ever learn that you shouldn't pick up strangers?

Why does Jefferson call the Queen "Regina" instead of "You Majesty?" What is their history?

Regina: Something of mine was taken and found its way over there.

Regina: There's nothing more important than family.

Jefferson gives Emma tea. A little tea party with the Mad Hatter.

Emma is drugged, but she still notices that Jefferson doesn't have his limp. Pretty good powers of observation.

Why does Jefferson take off Emma's jacket before tying her up?

Jefferson's house has to be pretty high on a hill for him to be able to see the Sheriff's office through his telescope. And it looked like he lives in the middle of the forest. Well, this is a fairy tale.

Do all of the men in Fairy Tale Land wear leather pants? Not that I'm complaining.

Jefferson: I see you found Spot.

Jefferson asks Regina to promise that his daughter will want for nothing if he does what she asks, and she gives her word. I wonder if Regina keeps her word.

So, how does Jefferson know about the curse?

Jefferson: Open your eyes. Look around. Isn't it about time?

Caterpillar: Who are you? Who? Who?

I loved that the Caterpillar was Roger Daltry from The Who.

Jefferson: I hate Wonderland.

Poor Jefferson. He's just a father who wants his daughter.

They actually cut off Jefferson's head!

Jefferson: I'm alive? I'm alive!

Jefferson: I don't think. I know. I remember.

Jefferson: Holding conflicting realities in your head can drive you mad.

Emma: If what you say is true, the woman in the other room is my mother.

It was nice to think that Emma believed for a minute. What will it take for her to believe?

When Jefferson falls there is a whooshing sound. So, did he go back into Wonderland? Was Wonderland part of the curse? It must have been if Jefferson was in Storybrooke. Then where is Cora, the Queen of Hearts.

Poor Jefferson just wants to be with his daughter. Did he want to take Grace back to Wonderland with him? I thought he hated Wonderland.

Emma keeps the hat. What will happen with that?

Emma: Other than being on trial for murder, [Mary Margaret's] fine.

Emma noticed Jefferson's scar when they were fighting, and then she recognizes him in the book. Will she believe soon?

One more picture of Jefferson for good measure:

No comments:

Post a Comment