Thursday, March 7, 2013

Big Star Wars News

Carrie Fisher has confirmed that she will be part of the new Star Wars movies (well, at least number 7, which will be directed by J.J. Abrams). She told The Palm Beach Illustrated that  she will reprise her role as Princess Leia. She joked about where she imagines the princess will be in the sequel. "She's in an intergalactic old follks' home. I just think she would be just like she was before, only slower and less inclined to be up for the big battle.

In other news, Disney has announced that they are developing some "stand-alone movies" featuring Star Wars characters. They did not announce who those characters are.

What characters from the Star Wars franchise would you like to see get their own big screen treatment?

1 comment:

  1. I'm afraid it's going to be Jar Jar Binks. Then I'll have to hurt myself and destroy all my copies of any Star Wars movie. And the Star Wars Holiday Special about Chewie's family was horrible (20 minutes of my life I'll never get back).

    A movie about Lando and Han's backstory would be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete