Monday, March 11, 2013

Once Upon a Time: The Queen is Dead

This was a good episode. I liked the flashback, and usually the flashbacks feel superfluous to me. This one had so much emotion, and explained a lot. There were subtle hints from Neal of where he went before he landed in our realm. Well, maybe not so subtle, but definitely intriguing. I want to see those flashbacks.

Observations:

How sweet little Snow looks. It still surprises me how perfect Bailee Madison is as the young Snow White.

And we finally get to meet Snow's mother. Too bad we already know what happens to her.

It's Mrs. Patmore from Downton Abbey! I love her.

Snow used to be a royal snob, but it only takes one lecture from her mother to teach her to be kind to others - to be good. Boy that was quick and easy.

I like Snow with long hair so much better than Mary Margaret with her little pixie cut.

The reunion between Snow and Johanna is sweet.

Snow was named Snow White because she was born during the harshest winter.

Why would you dig in the dirt in a skirt? It's very awkward looking.

It's a good thing that Regina and Cora were led to dig so close to Johanna's house so Mary Margaret could overhear them talking about finding the dagger and wanting to use it to killing anyone Regina wants. If Mary Margaret hadn't conveniently heard them talking, think of what a boring episode this would be. *wink*

It's funny that Neal never asks his father about wearing his (Neal's) old cloak around his neck. Or did he, and I just missed it? I'll have to rewatch "Manhattan."

Mr. Gold tells Emma again that she is like Regina. What a sneaky way for Gold to manipulate Emma into doing what he wants her to do.

If Regina doesn't think she's "evil," she proved that she is quite mean when she asks Snow what she knows about mothers. There's a way to kick a girl down on her birthday.

When you wish upon a [blue] star. Makes no difference who you are. Any wish your heart desires will come to you.

Neal knows Hook. And he knows how to sail a pirate ship. Aha! He's been to Neverland.

I wonder how Ginnifer Goodwin said, "Help us, Mother Superior. You're our only hope," with a straight face.

How does Snow White know that her mother is going to die. If they don't know what's wrong with her, how can they know for sure.

Why does the Blue Fairy have to wave her arms as if that's what is holding her in the air when she has wings?

Yep, Neal was in Neverland. So, he's Baelfire, Neal, and Peter Pan? Or was he just one of the Lost Boys?

No matter what Regina or Cora think - they are evil.

It's sad that Snow's father isn't even there. I wonder if the actor had a conflict so he couldn't be in the episode.

No! You can't do that to Mrs. Patmore!

Come on, Regina. Why do you keep doing what your mother says when you know everything she does is for herself? You're smarter than that. Or maybe you're not. You're putting all the pieces together, but you refuse to see what the puzzle is telling you.

Regina says "that day at the stables, when I rescued her..." Regina didn't rescue Snow at the stables. Okay, she does correct herself later, and says, "You made sure I'd be in the pasture when she rode past."

Ah, Neal has a fiancée. Of course it couldn't be that easy for Emma and Neal.

Quotes:

Snow: But I thought we were royals.
Queen: We are, but that doesn't make us better than anyone else.

Queen: It's heavier than it looks.

Mary Margaret: Hook isn't the problem, David.
David: Tell that to my head.

Neal: So, uh, you like pizza?
Henry: Yea. Well, let me guess. You're going to tell me the best pizza's in New York, and I gotta try it, right?
Neal: Actually, it's in the [Kingdom of Dameria] on the north shore of the dragon fields of Zoran. Nah, it's in New York.

Mr. Gold: It's a sad truth that the people closest to us are the ones most capable of causing us the most pain.

Emma: Henry will understand that I lied to him to protect him.
Mr. Gold: Someone's beginning to sound a lot like Regina.

Henry: Emma, Neal wanted to show me the museum. Do you think we can go back to the apartment and get my camera?
Neal: Well I... It's like culture, right?

Emma: You like the New York pizza?
Henry: Yea. It's delicious, cheesy, and doesn't lie.

Snow: You've earned enough goodwill with me to give you one last chance. But you have to choose the right side. The side of good.
Regina: Have you ever stopped to consider that I am good. I was always the Queen. It was you who added "Evil" to my name.

Hook: Tic toc. Time's up, Crocodile.

Emma: I found a storage room and locked our stab-happy pirate in it.

Emma: The Jolly Roger instead of a car.

Blue Fairy: Worry not, Snow White. I have found you.

Snow: All she ever wanted was for me to be good.

Emma: So, you know Hook?
Neal: It's a long story. Short version - [?] wasn't my first stop when I left home.
Emma: No?
Neal: If it was, I'd be a couple hundred years old by now.

Emma: Bad news, Gold.
Gold: What? Worse than incurable poison?

Queen: Snow, that wasn't fear. That was strength. Strength to resist darkness.

Queen: As long as you hold the spirit of goodness in your heart, I shall never leave you.

David: Clever hiding place for a very clever man.

Mary Margaret: Good has won, just as it always does.

Cora: In the end it isn't good or evil that wins. It's power.

Snow: She was right. It is heavy.

Cora: I hate that outfit. I don't know how that fairy stands it.

Regina: Don't you think I deserved to know exactly what it took for me to become Queen?
Cora: Now you know.

Emma: Once we get the car, what do we do about Hook?
Neal: I don't know. He made his way to New York, I'm sure he can make his way out of the basement.

Neal: There's a difference between running away from your father, and watching him die in front of you. He may be a monster, but he's my blood.

Mary Margaret: All I want is our happy ending.

Mary Margaret: I don't care about justice anymore. We keep thinking that people will change. What if that's wrong. What if I'm the one who has to change?

1 comment:

  1. Kari
    my favorite part of this episode was the phone call between Gold and Belle. Keeps me hoping love will win out and save rumple.
    he has chosen power every time he has gotten a chance...i just hope, well, maybe my hope is naivete.

    i also couldn't hold in my giggle with the starwars reference. way too priceless. hope you are good!

    jill hakes

    ReplyDelete