Friday, March 8, 2013

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, season 2, ep. 18 Quippy Quotes


"Killed by Death" is one of the really creepy Buffy episodes. Buffy is admitted to the hospital with a bad case of the flu. During her stay she encounters a demon that only the sick children there can see, and who they are terrified of. This episode could really make you afraid of hospitals, if things like creepy episodes set in a hospital can make you afraid of them. There are only a few Buffy episodes that have really freaky demons. This one is up there with the demons in season four's "Hush." Just wait until we get to the quotes for that episode. There will be very few. (If you've seen the episode, you know why.)

Anyway, back to the quippy quotes in the creepy "Killed by Death."

Quotes:

Xander: Man, Buffy. My whole life just flashed before my eyes. I gotta get me a life.

Buffy: I feel fine. I mean, the world's spinning a little bit, but I like it. It's kinda like a ride.
Cordelia: Half the school's out with this flu. It's a serious deal, Buffy. We're all concerned about how gross you look.

Xander: Buffy, this is not the time to challenge Angel to the ultimate fighting championship. He's at full strength. You're only half a slayer.

Xander: Take a walk, overbite.

Willow: I'll call Giles, tell him what happened. You call Buffy's mom. Tell her... not what happened.

Xander: Hey, Buffy. We're all here.
Buffy: Hey, here we are. It's all of we. Are we taking me home?

Buffy: Shh. Hospital zone. No singing.

Xander: Flowers for milady.
Buffy: I think they call those balloons.
Xander: Yea, stick them in water, maybe they'll grow.

Willow: Not to be outdone.
[hands Buffy school work]
Buffy: Homework?
Willow: It's my way of saying, "get well soon."
Buffy: You know, chocolate says that even better.
Willow: I did all your assignments. All you have to do is sign your name.
Buffy: Chocolate means nothing to me.

Cordelia: Nobody told me I was supposed to bring a gift. I was out of the loop on gifts.
Giles: It's traditional among... um... people.

Buffy: I thought I saw something. I'm not sure. I was really out of it, but...
Cordelia: But you do know that you saw Death?
Willow: Did it have an hourglass?
Xander: Oo, if he asks you to play chess, don't even do it. The guy's like a whiz.

Cordelia: So, this isn't about you being afraid of hospitals 'cause your friend died and you wanna conjure up a monster that you can fight so you can save everybody and not feel so helpless?
Giles: Cordelia, have you actually ever heard of tact?
Cordelia: Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

Cordelia: This is what happens when you're compassionate towards sick people. They take advantage of you.
Xander: Uh huh. Buffy almost died just to put you out.
Cordelia: I didn't want to be the first one to say it.

Giles: Cordelia may be Homerically insensitive, but she may also be right.

Willow: That's true, but on the "we live on the Hellmouth" side, these kids may have seen a monster.

Security Guard: "Fear is for the weak." That's my motto. Either that or "Live in the now." I haven't decided yet.

Giles: We'll call you if we know something.
Buffy: Know something soon.

Xander: Maybe I'll get lucky with this death guy.
Cordelia: He's invisible.
Xander: Yea, but if I see a floating pipe and a smoking jacket, he's dropped.

Xander: Cordy, you should go with Giles.
Giles: Why do I have to have... Good thinking. I could do with a research assistant.
Cordelia: Let's go, Tact guy.

Buffy: It's too bad Angel didn't put me in the hospital sooner. There's something I never thought I'd hear myself say.

Willow: Hey, wait. I think I have something.
Buffy: Hm. Sherlock.

Cordelia (pointing to a picture of a demon in a book): What does this one do?
Giles: It asks endless questions of those with whom they're supposed to be working so nothing is getting done.
Cordelia: Boy, there's a demon for everything.

Cordelia (talking to Buffy on the phone): It's called "Der  Kindestod."
Buffy: Who is this?
Cordelia: It's me. I've got your monster.
Buffy: Where's Giles?
Cordelia: Looking up stuff.
Buffy: Well, can you put him on?
Cordelia: Hey! I found your guy, okay? Just listen.

Cordelia: You should see this thing. The way it does its thing, I mean... eww! (hands the phone to Giles) Why do I let you guys drag me into this stuff?
Giles: Buffy? Are you still there?
Buffy: Hanging on every "eww."

Willow: Buffy, that's 100 percent pure. It'll kill you in an instant.
Buffy: Oh. They really should put that on the label.

Buffy: Here's to my health.

Willow: Horrible frogs! Get 'em off!
[Security guards try to keep Willow from leaving]
Doctor: Not her! The other one!
Willow: No more frogs.

Xander: You don't know how to kill this thing?
Buffy: I thought I might try violence.
Xander: Solid call.

Buffy (hits the demon): You make me sick.

Xander: You okay?
Buffy: Actually, I think I'm starting to feel better.

Xander: Your mom's trying to bogart the cheezee chips. What's that all about?

Joyce: Oh, he drew you a picture. How... nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment