Monday, March 18, 2013

Once Upon a Time: The Miller's Daughter

We finally get Cora's backstory. She is the Miller's Daughter, and she meets Rumpelstiltskin when he helps her to spin straw into gold. We also find out why and how she became the evil woman she is today. In Storybrooke, Gold gets back to the town where he is slowly dying. And the only person who can save his life is Mary Margaret. Will she save him? And if she does, will there be dire consequences?

I still love this show, but every episode just brings up more and more questions. I like things to make sense. I understand that there has to be some questions that come up that will be answered in future episodes. That's what makes it interesting, but I'm talking about things that feel like plot holes to me. The show is so complicated. There are so many characters to keep track of, and so many plots lines and stories.

Observations:

Rose McGowan is perfect as a young Cora.

So, Snow's mother, Eva, was a bratty teenager?

That's pretty slow acting poison.

Mary Margaret is holding an apple. I would think that she would avoid apples for the rest of her life.

That's right Regina. You need to catch on that your mother is only doing this for herself. Not for you.

Cora really is an insolent girl. She could be killed by talking to the King in that way.

Cora said that she can "turn" straw into gold, and the king tells the guests that she can "spin" straw into gold. How did he translate "turn" to "spin"?

Is Prince Henry smiling because he wants to marry Cora if she's able to spin straw into gold? Or is he smiling because he knows she won't be able to?

It's been quite a while since we've had a flashback based on a real fairy tale, and not just based on a fictional character.

I wish that Mr. Gold would cut his hair. Maybe I'd like him better if his hair wasn't always getting into his face. His hair looks better when he's Rumpelstiltskin. I think Mr. Gold needs a crimper. *wink*

That attitude of yours got you into a bit of a pickle, now didn't it Cora?

Why does Rumpelstiltskin  tell Cora his name? That's the biggest part of the story. The Miller's daughter had to guess his name.

Where did Emma get her magic? Is it because she went through the wardrobe? In that case, August has magic too. By the way, where is August?

If it's true that anyone can create magic by picturing the moment that made you angriest, then a lot of people could really create magic. It also makes it sound like there is no good magic, only evil. So, is Emma's magic bad too?

What was the point of Emma's spell to protect them from Regina and Cora when it didn't work? It should have been harder for them to get in. They're able to get through the door even with Emma's protection spell and the invisible chalk. But the invisible chalk keeps Cora out of the back room of the shop. So, Emma must have missed a spot at the front door. *wink* Or it was because she and Regina worked together.

How does Mary Margaret know that that is Cora's heart?

Why is Belle still in the hospital? I just don't get that. She got to wear such cute clothes and shoes when the curse was broken, and now she's back in a hospital gown. Poor Emilie de Ravin.

I'm still not a fan of the Rumpel/Belle relationship, but what Gold says to Belle is really sweet. It's also a nice (and very moving exchange) between Gold and Neal.

Who is King Xavier? If Eva is at the castle, visiting, is she there to marry the King's heir? Is King Leopold, Snow's father, Henry's older brother? Is Prince Henry  Snow White's uncle? That would make Regina Snow White's cousin? Did Regina marry her own uncle? This is so confusing!

Cora can't love because she doesn't have her heart. She's evil because she didn't have a heart. What is Regina's excuse?

If Rumpel can see the future, why didn't he see that Cora was going to trick him and rip out her own heart? Instead of selective amnesia, Rumpel has selective precognition. *wink*

Quotes:

Cora: I don't like what that enchanted box was saying. I'm not wicked.
Regina: It's not an enchanted box, it's a phone tap.

Cora: I'm a goose, aren't I?
Prince Henry: I don't know. Let's find out. Can a goose waltz?
Cora: I don't want to stand in the way of someone purchasing you.
Henry: What are you doing here?
Cora: I just came for the free food.
[Side note: By the way, that wasn't a waltz. Or maybe it's The Enchanted Forest's version of the waltz. *wink*]

Henry: Yea, my Dad showed me how.
Neal: That's me.

David: You have the purest heart of anyone I have ever know. That's who you are. And that's who you're going to stay.

Cora: Who are you?
Rumpel: Who are you?
Cora: Cora.
Rumpel: Not a very pretty name, is it? Sounds like something breaking.

Cora: You want to help me?
Rumpel: No, I want you to help me. And you will. 'Cause the future is my gift... in a manner of speaking.
Cora: What could you possibly get from me?
Rumpel: Funny you should ask, (a contract magically appears in his hand) can you read?

Neal: Missed a spot.
Emma: You're hilarious.

Emma: You're not allowed to opinions about surprises Mr. "Son of Rumpelstiltskin."

Emma: I drew the invisible line. I think.

Emma: I can't cast a spell. I can spell "spell."

Rumpel: Love the dress.
Cora: Bride's have to be snow white.
Rumpel (laughs): When you see the future, there's irony everywhere.

Cora: If the choice is between love and power, then even having a heart is a liability, don't you think.

Cora: This would have been enough. You would have been enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment