Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Book Review: Crossed


This review is going to be quite short because the book frustrated me so much.

Description:

In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

Review:

Crossed is the second book in the Matched series, and when I read Matched, the first book of the series, I had a hard time putting the book down because I became so interested in the world that Ally Condie created. I cared about the characters, and I wanted to know what happened to them.

I did not have the same experience with Crossed. I put the book down several times, picking up other books to read in between. By the time I was over half way through the book, I was still waiting for something to happen; and I was waiting to care about the characters. Having the book narrated by two separate characters was okay at first, but toward the end I just got confused over whose point of view it was this time.

I will probably read the third book because there's sure to be some action in it, but when you write a trilogy, the second book can't be boring or you may lose readers for the third book.

No comments:

Post a Comment