Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's All About a Dog

I didn’t watch much of the Golden Globes on Sunday, because one of my favorite T.V. series was on at the same time, and I was not going to miss Once Upon a Time to watch a bunch of actors revel in their greatness.

I did, however, catch the end of the awards show, and saw that the big hit of the Golden Globes was a dog.

I haven’t seen The Artist yet, but I hope to soon. It’s nice to have a film that celebrates the classic films of the 20s, 30s, and 40s.

I assume there is a dog in the film because when The Artist won for best comedy or musical, a dog (a Jack Russell Terrier to be exact) was there on stage to share the joy.

The dog did a few tricks, and the audience went wild.

So, let this be a lesson to all stars of the big and small screen – if you want to be a big hit with an audience, just roll over and play dead.

(Go to about 1:25).

Side note: I wonder if the breed of dog chosen is an homage to the wonderful film series: The Thin Man, although Asta was a Wire Fox Terrier. Who knows?

Another side note: If you have not seen Midnight in Paris I recommend it very highly. I'm not usually a big fan of Woody Allen's films, but this was a wonderful, sweet film. Look for a possible review in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment