Thursday, January 26, 2012

Rick Steve's Europe: Where I Want to Be


For anyone who loves to travel, PBS's Rick Steve's Europe is like eye candy.

If you can't go to the faraway destinations, Rick's easy-going manner and wealth of information makes his half hour shows the next best thing to being there.

Rick is also the best thing for European tourism. There's no saying how many people visit out-of-the-way, non-touristy places, simply because they saw them on Rick's show.

I saw many episode of Rick Steve's Europe prior to my trip to Europe a year and a half ago, and I was so excited when I found myself in various places I had seen Rick visit.

And I still get excited today when I see Rick showing places I had visited myself: Amsterdam, Rothenberg, Germany, Venice, Paris, and London to name a few.

I look forward to visiting more of Rick Steve's Europe, and eventually I will call it MY Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment