Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Girlfriend's Boyfriend


I found My Girlfriend's Boyfriend on Netflix. I liked the three leads, so I decided to take a chance on it.

I'm so glad I did.

With all of the cookie cutter "romantic comedies," it was nice to find one that was well written and had a good clean story.

It begins with the typical story of boy meets girl, and adds another plot of boy meets girl to the mix.

Ethan is a writer who is trying to get his book published. He meets Jessie, a waitress, and asks for her phone number. Right after Ethan leaves, Troy, a successful advertising executive, walks into the diner and also eventually asks Jessie for her phone number. Jessie dates both men and falls for both men.

The big question is - will she tell them her secret?

This movie has a twist that I never saw coming, and I liked it. It's nice to watch a romantic comedy that isn't predictable. I actually watched it again to catch everything.

If you're in the mood for a little romance, get this movie. You'll like it.

2 comments:

  1. I watched this last night (it was already in my Netflix queue, but I bumped it up based on your review). I liked it a lot, but I confess I was a bit confused at the ending... probably because I was doing some other chores during the big reveal. However, as I think back on all the odd "coincidences" I had noticed during the watching, it all made sense. So original and fun! Plus, I'm a huge fan of Christopher Gorham! Thanks for the recommendation, Karrie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Megan. I was a bit confused at the end too at first, but when I figured it out, I had to watch it again for clues.

      Delete