Monday, January 2, 2012

Doctor Who: David Tennant Marries the Doctor's Daughter


David Tennant, who played the Tenth Doctor on the British series, Doctor Who, married Georgia Moffett on Friday, December 30th in London. I'm sure there were great cries of woe from many women. I think it's wonderful for him and Georgia.

I wanted to make the title for this blog, "David Tennant Marries His Daughter," but I though that was just a bit creepy, even if it is true, fictionally. Georgia and David met on the set of a great episode of Doctor Who called "The Doctor's Daughter" where Georgia played - wait for it - the Doctor's daughter, Jenny. But the title I wanted is true in another way. Georgia is the daughter of the fifth Doctor, Peter Davison. How cool is that!

David and Georgia also have a daughter, Olive, who was born in March. So, the Doctor's daughter is the mother of the Doctor's daughter. Okay, that a bit creepy out of context too.

No comments:

Post a Comment