Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sir Henry, the Black Knight

I am in love with a sweet ride.

My dream car has always been the Volkswagen Beetle.

There was a time when the Mini Cooper threatened to replace the bug in my affections, but that Beetle stayed steady at the top of my list.

A year and a half ago I felt I was ready to start looking around for a new car after 10 years with my Contour. I wasn't planning on actually buying yet, I was just going to look.

And then I saw him! I was at a large used car show and I was looking at the ever reliable Hondas. Suddenly I saw a couple of Mini Coops. Temptation! But then... I asked the salesman if they had any Bugs. He said they had one and he led me to the corner of the lot. It was love at first sight. A black Volkswagen Beetle, only a year old.

I couldn't say no. I was ready to own my dream car. So, after a little bit of negotiating I took him home.

I named him Sir Henry, the Black Knight.


Isn't he handsome?

1 comment: