Friday, January 13, 2012

Project Runway: Welcome Back All Stars


They're back! And so is Project Runway!

All Stars have returned to Project Runway, and even with a different host and judges, and a new mentor, it feels like the old Bravo days when Project Runway had characters.

The last few seasons of Project Runway have become a bit dull. And Heidi Klum, Michael Kors, Nia Garcia, and Tim Gunn have become the stars of the show.

I've never had favorite contestants, but I was happy to see a few come back as all stars. Welcome back Kenley, Rami, and especially Mondo! I'm looking forward to seeing what they will do this season, especially after seeing the first episode.

I like the new judges, designers Isaac Mizrahi and Georgina Chapman (co-founder of Marchesa). I also like the new mentor, Joanna Coles. She is the editor-in-chief of Marie Claire, so she knows what to look for and what kind of advice to give. She also knows what she would want to wear.

Speaking of the first episode, it's so good to see that most of the looks were good. It was easy to guess who would be in bottom three. Poor Elisa, with her quirky point of view. If you have to explain the meaning of your look you're not doing yourself any favors. However, I thought that Sweet P's dress should have sent her home.

I was wrong with who was out, and I also guessed the winner wrong.

Even though I thought Rami's dress was very original and well constructed I'm sure, I loved Mondo's little black dress. Loved it! I love that he even made a fascinator (and I love that after last year's royal wedding, the public may now even know what a fascinator is). I think Mondo should have won the challenge. However, one challenge win does not an All Stars winner make, so this could still be Mondo's season.

On a side note: it's so strange to see high heeled legs walk across the screen and hear "Coming up on Project Runway," and it's not Heidi Klum's voice. That American accent just doesn't sound right.

Quippy Quotes:

I'll leave here with my sash and oversized tiara.
I've always been a star, so darling, of course I'm here.
Thank you very much. Have happy every days.

No comments:

Post a Comment